Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

VoiceAttack

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

VoiceAttack

Postby Tealstone » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:36 am

Howdy, folks!

I was always a little skeptical when I read about this, but I took the plunge and dove in... I am floored by this product, and I need to share it with you, because I see it as being a fairly significant asset:

http://voiceattack.com/

VoiceAttack essentially leverages Windows' voice recognition to utilize a versitile macro system to aid in the voice automation of specific tasks. There are apparently several profiles that people have put together for the game -- I'm currently using A.N.N.A: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... r-voice/p1

For example, in the ship you can say, "front shields" to reinforce your front shields, "balance power" to equalize your power distribution, or "dogfight mode" to divert power to shields and weapons. In addition, you can also say things like, "target", "next target", "chase cam", "cockpit", and "lock" to perform simple tasks, but in this case, you get to keep your hand on your HOTAS.

So, if you have a bad memory like me and don't want to map 30 different buttons on your flight stick and want to worry about remembering what does what, VoiceAttack is only $8 and they have a free 30 day trial. It's well worth the money, in my opinion.

Check it out.

I have no affiliation with the product, nor is this testimonial being compensated in any way. :lol:
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump: Contributor
Orion Mining Platform: Star Contributor
MISC Hull: Contributor

Re: VoiceAttack

Postby MarkusHaven » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:12 am

Sounds awesome. I have put off purchasing a control system until closer to game release. But it sounds like it's about time to start playing with all the options. Do we have a discussion on joysticks, hotas, keyboard/mouse options yet?
The Hotas look formidable to me I don't need lots of options, i need simple like what your suggesting here plus something intuitive.
MarkusHaven
Adam & Eves

Postby Tealstone » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:04 pm

There was a thread at some point about flight control systems.

I'll picked up a Saitek HOTAS, and some CH rudder pedals -- we'll see how they wind up working out. Feel free to startup a new joystick discussion or try to find and resurrect the old one. :P
Tealstone
CEO

Postby Calignos » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:05 pm

Great to know! VoiceAttack and TrackIR are two systems I have been keeping my eye on for the eventual SC release.
Calignos
Intelligence Director

Orion Mining Platform: Contributor

Postby Tealstone » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:36 pm

I was really excited for Oculus Rift, but then they screwed the pooch on the price point. ;/
Tealstone
CEO

Postby Siycle » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:32 pm

Tealstone wrote:I was really excited for Oculus Rift, but then they screwed the pooch on the price point. ;/

My sentiment exactly, I think I'll opt for the SteamVr (whatever its name was). Though with rift costing $600 I imagine Steam/HTC will do exactly the same thing, maybe even higher since they include controllers in their package..
Siycle
Hell's Angels

Postby Igax » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:06 am

Siycle wrote:
Tealstone wrote:I was really excited for Oculus Rift, but then they screwed the pooch on the price point. ;/

My sentiment exactly, I think I'll opt for the SteamVr (whatever its name was). Though with rift costing $600 I imagine Steam/HTC will do exactly the same thing, maybe even higher since they include controllers in their package..

800 bucks and it looks like it might only work in steam games. Though it is nice. Looks like I will be going with a third monitor.
Igax
Hell's Angels

Postby Igax » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:08 am

OT, I bought voiceattack when it first hit the seems, it rocks as an add on HID with a hot as or mouse and keyboard. I use it for nearly every game I play.
Igax
Hell's Angels

Return to General Discussions