[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Wave's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Wave's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Wave's Application

Postby Wave » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Character Name: Wave

Branch: Adam and Eves (Industrial/Mining)

Previous experience: Played a lot of "X-wing vs. Tie Fighter" when I was a kid. Played a few flying games off and on over the years. Currently most of my "air time" is on Planetside 2.

Pledge status: Original Backer; Digital Freelancer - LTI. Will be starting the game with an MISC Freelancer, 7000 credits, and an AMX-1 repair bot.

About me:
I'm twenty three years old and disabled. I have a medical condition that screws up my voice and makes me rather weak compared to my younger years. The only impact this has on my application is that most find it rather difficult to understand me when I speak. The up-side to this is that I've grown rather good at listening and following directions. It also means that I have a LOT of free time to spend on games like Star Citizen.

I'm currently a member of TRAF, a Planetside 2 outfit on the Waterson server, and I've grown accustomed to large-scale, organized operations; coordinated over a Teamspeak3 server and held on a near daily basis. I enjoy this format and I would like to continue to use it in Star Citizen. In my Planetside 2 outfit, I have been recognized as a skilled team player who can follow orders, as well as act on his own initiative to better further the group's cause. I like to be challenged to think on my feet and find simple solutions to complex problems.

As for the role playing portion of the game, I've been in written role plays for years. It's a hobby that I enjoy and indulge in as frequently as possible. I've taken part in just about every form of role play from Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder, to Live Action Role Plays (LARPs). The fact that you have a section in your forums dedicated to role playing and storytelling is very interesting to me, and I'd love to participate.
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Re: Wave's Application

Postby Nubanator » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:51 pm

Wave, I'm so glad you're deciding to put your hat in with us. The TS is only required for Official Citadel Space operations so you need only be on to hear any strategies or on-the-fly audibles during organized events. But I'm on it quite a bit (at least for now) and enjoy chatting if/when you feel up to it. Just wait for Teal's approval most likely tomorrow morning 8-). And I love all the lore in the game. Can't wait to read anything you come up with too!
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Wave » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:20 am

Thanks.

I won't likely be posting any stories (Unless I get REALLY drunk) since I usually can't stand my own work, but if the muse strikes me I may put a little blurb out, waxing philosophical and such. What I really enjoy are collaborative stories where each person brings their own character and their own flavor to the story.

I typically play the self-interested roguish type who likes to sweet talk and double-deal to get his way, and who often smells of liquor that he brewed in a sink.

As for lore-friendly and everything, I'd rather be shown a history than told it, but I read up enough that I know common knowledge items, and that's about it. For instance, I see no reason for a moonshine brewing cargo hauler should know the political structure of the Vanduul government or the like.

On the communication side of things, I can speak loud enough that people understand me most of the time, the difficulty comes in that I lose my breath after a few words. I often get compared to that wheezy kid in the wheel chair on "Malcolm in the Middle."
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Tealstone » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:23 am

Greetings, Wave!

We're definitely glad you put in an application! I've been doing tabletop RPG's for well over 25 years -- I'm actually playing a monk in the middle of a Pathfinder campaign right now. I do hope you'll add a bit of flare to the roleplay forums... I'd love to see that get a boost, but it's always great to have people who have plenty of time to dedicate to what they love to do.

In any case, I'd like to formally welcome you to the Adam & Eves division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums.

Please make your first stop the new pilot post in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance. After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

Welcome to Citadel, Wave!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Return to Apply Here