[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Q&A Game Information Compilation Thread

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Q&A Game Information Compilation Thread

Discuss the latest political developments or patch notes here as well as have your questions about the game and game mechanics answered.

Re: Q&A Game Information Compilation Thread

Postby nosscar » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:36 am

I have just had a few hours good reading with this thread, some really detailed info on every aspect of the game.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... ad-this/p1
nosscar
Adam & Eves

Postby MarkusHaven » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:00 pm

I plan on reading as much as I can after I post this, but I thought I would ask anyone/everyone collectively...

So in Eve Online as you know, it was difficult for anyone to go to low sec space because of bubbles and webs, unless you had intel, help, and experience. For the most part SC seems to be more open to the idea of disabling a ship so that hijacking, FPS situations or looting can take place. Does anyone have any idea how likely a lone pilot might be able to escape in SC a fight he doesn't want to have because he's out gunned. Will this be a matter of the enemy needing to take out your ability to escape by targeting your engines. I just think the game would be far more interesting for pirates and non pirates if it's game of pure skill and chance and mix it up in low sec type space rather than segregate everyone into packs of wolves that patrol and the occasional bubble at a gate.

Excuse my lack of knowledge on this topic and my simplistic explanation of eve online from my perspective 2003-2006.

I would like to know that I can take an exploration ship out into the far reaches of space by myself and run tail from anything I don't want to encounter by myself without losing my ship every hour.
MarkusHaven
Adam & Eves

Postby Siycle » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:38 pm

Siycle
Hell's Angels

Postby MarkusHaven » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:11 pm

I read a little after I posted... and I suppose I came up with more questions than I got answered. One bit from CR was discussing how he didn't want to create an instance where one lone ship would come across 5 ships. I find it difficult to understand how they can separate 5 random ships from a lone ship. It sounds like we all might be flying around in the same server, but at any given time not even be able to see a ship that's right under our nose in another instance much like it's any another dimension. I don't know how they plan to set that up and keep everyone in the same corp in the same possible instance. What if one of our own is attacked at coordinates XYZ, but when our corp comes to the rescue they don't see the same ships because they exist in a different "instance". I've heard all about the pvp/pve sliders they talked about in the early conception of the game. It was explained that if your "friends" with someone or in the same corp you would be put together in the same instance. But the theory of 6 degrees of separation means that everyone is in the same instance, because somebody who's friends with someone is friends with someone and so on. It will be very interesting to see how this works in the first few months, and then how it changes over time. This game is a massive undertaking.

Thanks for your insight... I suppose your right. If you take a completely defensive stance the game mechanics should help a lot. I hope.

I think the developers comments about people making a big deal out of LTI is probably true. It probably won't be a huge big deal to lose a ship or even cargo if you have insurance (assuming its not expensive). My whining about this issue with EVE may all be laughable if it's not already.
MarkusHaven
Adam & Eves

Postby Tealstone » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:24 am

I think that some segments of space will be broken down into shards... so that, if you fly into a given region, it'll be its own instance. Now, if any of your contacts or fellow corps members happen to be in that area, the server should do its best to put you in the same shard with them.

At least, that's how I remember it being explained back in the day.

Does that make sense?
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Previous

Return to Game News & FAQs