[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Health of the game (SC)

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Health of the game (SC)

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Re: Health of the game (SC)

Postby Strider » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:53 pm

Strider
Hell's Angels

Postby Wave » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:45 pm

Just an update, a Contributer at Forbes is reporting CIG's legal department has threatened to sue for libel, giving The Escapist until the end of business hours on Monday, October 5th, to respond.

More info here:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevange ... etraction/
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby EchoSeven » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:56 am

They have responded.

Update: The Escapist, notwithstanding Cloud Imperium Games' notice and posting, stands by its coverage of Star Citizen and intends to continue to investigate the developing story. Since publishing our original stories, we have been contacted by, and are currently interviewing, additional sources corroborating a variety of the reported allegations. Additionally, if Mr. Roberts' offer for The Escapist to "meet the developers making the game and see how we're building one of the most ambitious PC games first hand" remains open, we take the opportunity to accept such invitation so as to hopefully provide the public with sufficient information and opportunity to vet such sources' allegations and claims for themselves. We have also communicated the foregoing directly to Cloud Imperium Games.

Martin Galway has also had a few things to say.

https://www.facebook.com/Martin-Galway- ... /timeline/

and linked to :

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder ... -man-myth/

That makes the guys that have left : Eric Peterson, Chris Olivia, Martin Galway (these 3 were original founders and croberts), Rob Irving, Travis Day (and Chelsea), Alex Mayberry, and David Hobbins.

You don't leave a dream job unless it is no longer the dream.
Got Parts, Jarrod, Charr, Mac and [others]
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Wave » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:53 pm

By rule of thumb, I ignore articles written by people who aren't backers, who haven't been watching this develop for three years, watching all the dev videos, pod casts, 10 for the chairmen/writers/producers/artists/etc., who have no investment in the game except getting paid based on how many people read their article.

As for people leaving, it's been THREE YEARS. Maybe the dream job isn't the dream anymore because you come up with new dreams and aspirations. Or maybe working for an independent developer just doesn't pay the bills like a regular job (even if the fans keep you in liquor). As far as I'm concerned, SC is CR's baby. If others helped him get it off the ground and moved on afterward, that doesn't seem like an indication of the game failing to me.
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby leopard » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:07 pm

I'm still annoyed by what I perceived as the breaking of promises (in spirit if not in form).
My impression of their honesty is low.

That being said, It looks like some things are coming together. I'm very interested in seeing what will happen with the baby-PU launch they're talking about doing next ("soon").
leopard
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:

Postby MarkusHaven » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:50 am

I just found this thread and had some surprise I hadn't heard much about this, but I've had my head in other things for awhile. Just interested to know what you all think now 3 months later and upon the release of the new content?
MarkusHaven
Adam & Eves

Postby zramn » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Still hold my thought that this was a mostly fraudulent attempt at getting back at a former rival. But I'm not even caring anymore even if I find it was all true. I'm with this to the end, I've been burned by crowdfunding and preorder before.

(mobile)
zramn
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Previous

Return to General Discussions