[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Bradleo's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Bradleo's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Bradleo's Application

Postby Bradleo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:13 am

2. Bradleo (Handle: Bradleo)

3. I think I would fit best with the Adam and Eve's, since what really got me excited about Star Citizen was about the possibilities of the Star Citizen economy.

4. I don't have a lot of experience with other flight/space sims, but I have dabbled in War Thunder, X3, and a little EVE (although I mostly stayed put and played the market :D)

5. I just got around to pledging yesterday, after much deliberation. I picked up the Aurora LX, with 2 year warranty. I haven't purchased an Arena Commander pass yet, but I might pick one up in the near future.

6. I'm a 21 year old college student out of the midwest United States. I'm hoping to graduate in Software Engineering this spring, and then I'll be moving out to Omaha, Nebraska for a full time position. I looked at some of the other applications and saw that there are a lot of software developers in the corporation. Maybe you can toss me a few tips!

I've been playing a wide variety of video games my entire life, and over the past few years also really started picking up tabletop and board games. On the video game end I'm playing Civ 5, Hearthstone, TF2, the Batman Trilogy, and whatever else tickles my fancy. For board games, I picked up this cool game called Power Grid in which you play as a power company and try to make a monopoly of the nation.

I am really interested in Star Citizen because it seems like the perfect place to have a complete space simulation from materials, to industry, to combat. It is what I always wanted Eve to be, but with Eve I was both years late to the party and bored with the ship controls. I would love to join a corporation to both make a dent in the 'verse and to have a group of friends to partner with.

Other than that, I see myself as a single Christian guy who is pretty chill. Wow, it almost feels like I'm making a dating profile.

Thanks for looking at my application!
Brad
Bradleo
Adam & Eves

Re: Bradleo's Application

Postby Calignos » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:18 am

Great application, sounds like you'd make an excellent fit. Tealstone will review the application fairly shortly I would imagine and get back to you.

Love the game selection you mentioned. Big fan of Civ series and have been a Hearthstone addict since Beta. And you're definitely right about the number of people here with a Software background, quite a few.

A lot of us are hoping for the extensive economic gameplay you mentioned, and from all accounts it sounds like CIG are going to deliver. We'll be doing a lot of work to make a strong economic foothold in the game and the more the merrier :)
Calignos
Intelligence Director

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Froste » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:43 am

Congrats on taking the first step to joining the group and welcome to the game. Just playing the market in Eve can be a full time job, sounds like you are ready to take on the Star Citizen verse. The Aurora is a great little starting ship.

Power Grid is a fantastic game and I would be interested in hearing what tabletops you play.
Stay Frosty

Froste
Recruit
Panda Bears
Citadel Space Corperation
Froste
Panda Bears

Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Tealstone » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:05 pm

Another developer joins the ranks. :) What languages are you looking to specialize in? PHP and SQL development here.

In any case, yes -- great application! I'd like to formally welcome you as a recruit to the Adam &Eves division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums. Please make your first stop the in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance.

Be sure to apply to now as well... After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots and post in the Adam & Eves forum to check in with your CO. :)

Welcome!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Bradleo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:16 pm

Thanks guys!

The languages I am most familiar with are Python and Java, and I am also diving into Android development.

Also, my favorite board game of all time is probably Arkham Horror. Followed up by 7 Wonders, which is an especially great board game for fans of Civ!
Bradleo
Adam & Eves

Postby Tealstone » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:18 pm

Nice... I hate java. I only learn it when I have to teach it, then I repress the knowledge back into the furthest reaches of my mind. :P
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby zramn » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:58 pm

Welcome to the team! Great to see another Adam & Eve join the ranks!
zramn
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Dakar2014 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:17 am

Welcome to the group look forward to seeing you in the game.

Best Regards,

Dakar
Dakar2014
Adam & Eves

Return to Apply Here