[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Ummmm so how many 780s..

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Ummmm so how many 780s..

Discuss the latest political developments or patch notes here as well as have your questions about the game and game mechanics answered.

Re: Ummmm so how many 780s..

Postby MarkusHaven » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:38 pm

I read an article about increased latency the more video cards you have. Or I dreamed it. wouldn't this decrease if you assigned certain task to certain cards. Still seems like a headache. Seems like a waste of money to add a $500 card to only get a 60% increase in output, but then again so is scrapping a whole card and starting over.
MarkusHaven
Adam & Eves

Postby Wave » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:45 pm

Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby MarkusHaven » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:32 am

Ports for monitors is true. And since most cards only come with one display port for running a future 4K monitor then multiple display ports would be potentially nice.

I watched an extreme gaming machine build on pcpartpicker youtube and they used a particular mobo with 3-4 way SLI and I was wondering why I couldn't use the same mobo in my build because it was relatively cheap ($200). I found out that I needed a 6 core i7 with that configuration. So I found a relatively cheap 6 core in the Intel 3000 series that made my overall build go up only about $100. The reason I like that is that multiple monitors and even 4K monitors will need those extra lanes that the i7 (4-6 core) provides. I've done so much reading on this and the general consensus is that the most obvious advantage the i7 will have is running multiple monitors. I've heard so many arguments to the contrary about how an i5 is faster and good enough, and cheaper, but those arguments don't factor in 4K, multiple monitors, 2-4 way SLI, or trends in hyperthreading, and are several months old.

This ties in to the topic of how many 780's will we need to play this game. The answer to that is ONE. But I can't wait to have 2-3 being ran by 6 core i7. Something better will come along, something cheaper will come along, but I'm building a machine now and not at the end of this year.
MarkusHaven
Adam & Eves

Previous

Return to Game News & FAQs