[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Q&A Game Information Compilation Thread

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Q&A Game Information Compilation Thread

Discuss the latest political developments or patch notes here as well as have your questions about the game and game mechanics answered.

Q&A Game Information Compilation Thread

Postby Darhoth » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:42 am

Compilation of a lot of information from the game from Q&A sessions and other sources:

Last edited by Darhoth on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darhoth
CFO Emeritus

Re: Pirating Info

Postby Tealstone » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:49 am

That's a lot of reading to catch up on...
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Re: Q&A Game Information Compilation Thread

Postby Darhoth » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:07 am

Yeah it is actually broader than just pirating info, so I edited my original post, but good info there.
Darhoth
CFO Emeritus

Postby Darhoth » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:24 am

Something interesting I have not heard mentioned anywhere before, break down of the different drugs in the game:

Popular drugs

Stims: Legal drug, composed of various combinations of tobacco, caffeine, and mood-enhancer. Smoked as a cigarette. Cheaper, knock-off brands are sold as packs of individual smokes while higher-end versions have electronic cylinders with replaceable cartridges.
SLAM: A fear-inhibitor and painkiller. Most commonly ingested as a gas. Vials of SLAM are cracked and inhaled. Initially gained popularity as a steroid for athletes before going black-market. Heavy-duty SLAMjunkies are easily identifiable in public; they have ‘the shakes’ — involuntary muscle twitches. Important to note that this is not a sign of withdrawal, simply a side effect.
WiDoW: Thick ink-black Opiate. Exclusively injected as a liquid. Extensive use stains the veins black, creating web-like subcutaneous patterns through the body.
Neon: Club drug. Similar to Ecstacy. Slight hallucinogenic, affects the nervous system.
Color: Street name for a tranquilizer and knock-out hallucinogen, believed to be Xi’An in origin. Looks like flakes of bark. It’s lethal in heavy concentrations (many who try injecting it die immediately); it’s meant to be ingested. The digestion process distills it to where it just messes you up. Getting ‘colored’ is like taking a massive journey into your own mind. To the outside world, you’re nearly comatose, but to you, it’s a wild trip. A handful of religions have been started after a user took a dip in color. Aside from the toxic element, there’s a chance you won’t come down from the high. They call this ‘getting disconnected.’ Users stay locked in their own head until their brain decays. WGP5
Darhoth
CFO Emeritus

Postby Magnet » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:00 pm

Well, there are really into creating a game with a huge amount of detail! I really love it but I fear there is not enough time to read everything and to get prepared...on the other hand this game will take months and years to really explore everything! :D
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Darhoth » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Darhoth
CFO Emeritus

Postby Darhoth » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Another interesting tidbit:

InfoAgent -

"Some agents believe that their position is an essential pillar of the community, viewing themselves as public servants form whom integrity is demanded, and therefore refusing to traffic criminal jobs or information. Others are ambivalent about where their information comes from and to what end it is used. "(info agent comm link)
Whether there are InfoAgents who deal exclusively in underground and criminal data is not in question. This reporter was unable to bypass their unorthodox security protocols to actually speak with one, but they are certainly out there. These shadowy brokers present their own danger as they almost certainly act as local representatives for criminal syndicates. Therefore they can wield the ugly power of those organizations, should a pilot cross them.(info agent comm link)
Most pertinent to our discussion here, there are also the illegal ones. These shadowy information brokers are the local fixers for the criminal element. They can either represent a local syndicate or they can be freelancers, but these infoagents are the ones to talk to if you’re looking to make a smuggling run or you’ve got some boosted product to offload. (WGP5)
Darhoth
CFO Emeritus

Postby Magnet » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:09 am

Really interesting!

I think I have to save up a lot of holidays in order to really get all the information and perks the game has to offer....or I will play the game until I die... :D
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Darhoth » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:37 am

That thread is very long but worth a read. I left it up on my computer screen all day and read for a few minutes whenever I sat down. Only way to get through it. I will continue to post any interesting tidbits I find.
Darhoth
CFO Emeritus

Postby Magnet » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:28 pm

Thank you for that...I try that aswell but I can only do so in the evening as our company computers only allow me to use our board but not the RSI site...
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Next

Return to Game News & FAQs