[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Fleet Control?

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Fleet Control?

Discuss the latest political developments or patch notes here as well as have your questions about the game and game mechanics answered.

Re: Fleet Control?

Postby Magnet » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:14 pm

I also enjoyed Jamie Chung as Takara although I am not a fan of Asian girls :D
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Mattheus » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:24 pm

Bah RTS, I remember back in the day Darhoth used to school me all the time in Age of Empires. I never could micro manage to well, my ADD always kicks in and I just watch shit happen. I'd think I'd be doing awesome and all a sudden he'd roll in with about 90 huskars or such and just roll my town.

I liked Supreme Commander because I'm a habitual turtler, I like having a solid defense and in that game it actually seemed to be a viable defense.
Mattheus
Hell's Angels

Postby R0d1n » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:52 pm

It's all about Total Annihilation and its spiritual sequel; Supreme Commander. Best RTS out there IMHO.

I actually very much look forward to the fleet-command aspects of the game, which is part of why I went in for Admiralty. If anyone else is interested in the CnC side of things, there are some good 3d RTSs that might make for some good prep work. The Homeworld series of course, Sins of a Solar Empire and Imperium Galactica to name a few. I'd say the best for our purposes, however, would be Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. That game is a straight-up space tactics simulator and it's shockingly detailed if you're willing to drill down into the details. It's basically a series of skirmishes between fleets of 4-10 ships at a time. If that's not a good heuristic for the kind of strategy SC will require I don't know what is.
-- Age Si Quid Agis --
R0d1n
Defensive Fleet Admiral

Postby Embarkation » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:08 pm

To me that C&C screams 'CIC' from Battlestar Galactica, I also assume it’s a way to interact with pilots, see the battlefield note dradus contacts, and recommend defence movements, control your ships firing locations aswell as shields.
Embarkation
Hell's Angels

Postby JayneCobb » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:15 pm

JayneCobb
Offensive Fleet Admiral

Postby Magnet » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:28 am

I guess Star Citizen will combine a lot of old memories...Wing Commander, Battlestar Galactica, Elite....you name it! That's why so many people are willing to join! :D
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby JayneCobb » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:15 am

JayneCobb
Offensive Fleet Admiral

Postby Firesteel » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:56 pm

I could see it being similar to FPS/RTS hybrid games like Nuclear Dawn, where the commander helps supply and coordinate their troops, although I don't see supply being a part of this game.

Speaking of dradus contact, I could imagine aside from updating fighter pilots, marking/prioritizing targets, focusing turret fire, and (hopefully) electronic warfare will be major pieces of the CIC/C&C.
Firesteel
Hell's Angels

Previous

Return to Game News & FAQs