[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Fleet Control?

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Fleet Control?

Discuss the latest political developments or patch notes here as well as have your questions about the game and game mechanics answered.

Fleet Control?

Postby Siycle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:35 pm

I keep overseeing comments in the forums about the “command and control center” and the ability to control several ships simultaneously. For example: I can stick the C&C center in my constellation, purchase two hornets and fly hornets via my constellation.

I see similar examples quite often but can not seem to find any actual confirmation of the single player’s ability to control multiple ships. Is this just speculation or is there some truth to this type of ability.

If so can you hit me with a link that has some detailed information plz, thanks!
Siycle
Hell's Angels

Re: Fleet Control?

Postby Tealstone » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:44 pm

A lot of this is speculation... I haven't read anything concrete. Here's the actual C&C stretch goal text:

Command and Control Center – Supervise the battle from the deck of your Idris or Destroyer (class TBA) with advanced C&C packages that allow you to tie all of your ships together and assume central command from the 3rd seat.

Can be found here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

I thought it was for Connies, too... but it looks like I was wrong.
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Siycle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Siycle
Hell's Angels

Postby braindonut » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:59 pm

I've been operating with the assumption that it's going to enable players to oversee battles, assign targets, etc.. Kind of like command functions in other games.

I doubt it will let you actually control ships, though.

But who knows :)
braindonut
COO Emeritus

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Siycle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:05 pm

Didn’t want to post a new thread so I figured I would ask here:

What ships are going to be available with this first version of the hanger module? Is it the original pledge ships; Hornet, 300i, Lancer, Connie and Aurora. Does it exclude cutlass, avenger and the multiple ship variations (to be added at a later update?)??
Siycle
Hell's Angels

Postby zramn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:10 pm

zramn
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Durron » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:16 pm

In response to the original question, I've seen a few places say that the connie will have the ability to have a C&C but it's a significant upgrade
Durron
COO

Postby Siycle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:56 pm

Siycle
Hell's Angels

Postby Wave » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:24 pm

significant as in you'll have a flight of ships under your command instead of just the one and it will make the constellation much more useful. but again, I've only seen it discussed by RSI for the Idris, which has a crew compliment of over 500, whereas the connie only has a crew of 5, so it seems more likely for a ship carrying an entire company of crew would be able to control a fleet, rather than a little freighter like the connie.
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Durron » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Durron
COO

Next

Return to Game News & FAQs