[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - GAMESCON Event in Cologne / Germany

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

GAMESCON Event in Cologne / Germany

Discuss the latest political developments or patch notes here as well as have your questions about the game and game mechanics answered.

GAMESCON Event in Cologne / Germany

Postby Magnet » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi folks,

I just wanted to give you some information first hand before going to bed and posting everything else on Sunday afternoon your time (US time zone).

First of all...this event was awesome!

Well, 1.000 mature people (99 % males and round about 10 females including Sandi Garner :D ) in a small cellar medieval style, sweating, screaming, celebrating, gaping and being flashed by what Chris and his team were presenting is a little bit weird and nerdy at the same time, but....I would do it again.

Pictures and videos will follow when I got some sleep but a little summarize first :lol:

When I arrived quarter to 7 p.m. local time there were already round about 400 people waiting in the rain in front of the building. They were a little bit confused as there were two rows at the entrance. One should have been for Golden Ticket Holders, subscribers and Concierge Members and the other one for normal backers but we all waited for about one and a half hours to get in and there was no "private" time with Chris and his folks as promised. When we were finally inside the building we waited till 5 past 9 p.m. for Chris and his team who were introducing each other while people were screaming, laughing and celebrating each member (Sandi, Eric, Chris, Orthwin...), after that he presented all three hangar modules, walking around, entering ships like the Hornet, the Freelancer (first glance at the ship), the 300i, 325 and 350 and he took a buggy to drive around...was actually great except for the beamer having a bad quality.

After that we could get a free poster of a Hornet, the Freelancer, the 300i, or of Chris or Eric as a recruiting poster. I took the last one and got it signed by Wingman himself and I got a picture with him and the poster which I will present to you soon. I was also able to get a picture of Sandi and another SC fan while she was standing in the middle in her nice red dress (where here boobs nearly fell out...it was quite tough to concentrate on anything else :lol: ). I also got Chris signature on the back of my Citizen Card which I will present to you...only a picture with him was nearly impossible to get as 1.000 other folks wanted to have one and he made about 4 or 5 :D

Well, people started to play the hangar module on three PCs, I also did it for about 5 minutes (the deluxe one, using the elevator, the buggy, jumping on the Constellation which wasn't ready to enter yet but will be when the hangar module comes out on Thursday) and then they started to use the computers to go online and donate more money so we finally achieved 16 millions which means one new sector only for backers before the 16 million bucks :D....if we achieve 18 millions.

We then had quite a few German beers...a light one and I met a couple of nice guys. Two of them will send me the pictures of Sandi and Wingman and more nice videos for you. Nils and Wladislaw. Wladislaw is part of a community of a German PC magazine called "GameStar" and he might and Nils might be interested to join our little community while Wladislaw might bring some friends as the GameStar SC community has about 90 fans already. We'll see about that.

We left about quarter past midnight as only few folks were left....for example Ben Lesnick who wanted to make photos with his fans although there weren't a lot of them :D Chris already left the building and it became quite boring so I left as well.

All in all it was great....standing 3 feet away from Chris or hugging Sandi :lol: ...shouldn't show that picture to my girlfriend though :lol: I wish you could have been there....awesome!

I will present more...promised! ;)
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Re: GAMESCON Event in Cologne / Germany

Postby braindonut » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:16 pm

Sounds absolutely awesome! Thanks for the rundown - can't wait to see the pictures!
braindonut
COO Emeritus

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Magnet » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:29 am

No problem...when I am back in Berlin, I will gather all videos and photos and will present more information, the poster, the signatures and everything I can come up ;)
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Twofl » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:06 am

hi guys
i also went there
and i was looking for a Citadel T-Shirt.
my handy was broken an so no internet to contact someone :(
i also was on the beargarden, when someone has a picture of that i could pinpoint the ugly face of mine:)
Twofl
Hell's Angels

Postby Magnet » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Okay folks...I am back to Berlin after 4 hours driving across the country :D and as promised I am starting to post more pics, videos and comments on the Gamescon event.

Like I said it was raining like hell and people where actually waiting approx. one and a half hours to get in.

So I am eager to know how they will explain that problem to the guys who where supposed to enter one hour ahead of all others in order to have some private chats and time with the RSI team!

A lot of folks from all over the world were there...people from France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, the States, the Netherlands, Russia, Norway and some guild members from other guild were there, too. The LAMP, the Black Widows and some other groups I don't recall :D

I remember the location as dark and warm, with no air con, too many people sweating and screaming...just have look:

Before Chris and his team started the presentation he signed some Citizen Cards and T-Shirts, we could sign a banner which they want to put on the wall in Austin and we just walked around and talked to other SC fans :D

My High Admiral Citizen Card with Chris signature on its back:

Then they finally started to present the team and the hangar module...

It was quite nice...all those team members said something about the team and the game and then announced the next one until finally Wingman, Sandi and Chris appeared on stage. And Sandi's red dress was...well, look at it yourself :oops: Now imagine 1.000 computer geeks or nerds staring at her :D

Finally a fan...with a single ship in his hangar, was chosen to log into his account present the hangar module with Chris but he failed to log in three times so Chris took the standard RSI accounts to do so after everyone was laughing :lol:

I guess that guy won't forget the moment when he failed the ultimate test of his fan life :lol: But it wasn't his fault as they had an English keyboard and the German guy didn't really achieve to "translate" his German password :lol:

By the way...you could use a buggy within the business and the deluxe hangar to drive around, was quite funny although they often got stuck beneath some of the ships. And there was an Alpha console in 3D where you could look at your ships and choose what weapons to put on 'em. And Chris said that we all get 5.000 in game credits when the hangar is released to buy our first weaponry for the ships we can see during the launch. Great thing! :!:

After presenting all three hangar modules, we could try out the three different hangar modules ourselves at three different guarded computer stations (the guy in the background is me, discussing about the Constellation, the cockpit which could get laser hits and laughing about one guy trying the module and jumping on the Constellation within in the hangar because you couldn't enter that ship yet but on Thursday as they announced...only for those who wanted to listen to me talking German) :D

And we were finally drunk enough or had enough courage to get a photo with Sandi....although I already got what I deserved after my girlfriend saw that one....I am the guy on the right...with big grin :D

We met Wingman within the crowd and got a photo with Nils and Wladislaw which I will present when Nils will send it to me! Wingman signed my poster. There were 5 different types, one with a Hornet (you'll see that one next), one with the 300i, one with the Freelancer, and one with either Chris or Wingman as a sort of recruiting poster (see after the one with the Hornet). Everyone could get one as they had round about 1.500 pieces.

I hope you enjoyed that little extract of the Gamescon Event in Germany. It was really awesome and if you have the chance to visit Chris and his team during another event perhaps in the States!?...do it! All his folks were modest, thanked the fans a thousand times and when Chris entered the stage and experienced that rockstar feeling while a thousand fans from all over the world (ya...I know most of them from Germany :D ) you got the feeling that he got tears in his eyes...he was really touched and you could see that didn't expect that reaction although he knows of all the support (just has to look on his bank account :lol: ). And he took his time to sign all those cards and talk to people.

I was actually moved as well. After over 20 years of being a Chris Roberts fan, to see him live in action, to actually talk to him face to face...amazing! :D

If you have further questions, just let me know and I'll try to answer them as I still have fresh memories about the event and everything I saw and experienced ;)
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby braindonut » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks a ton for the rundown - the photos are great! This must have been such an awesome experience. :)
braindonut
COO Emeritus

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Twofl » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Magnet
du standes 3 meter von mir weg :/
ich war die ganze zeit rechts von dem typ mit den 2 flagen:D
war einfach ein geiler abend

eidit
ich meine den Typ mit dem Banner mit den ganzen unterschriften drauf
foto such ich eins!
Last edited by Twofl on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twofl
Hell's Angels

Postby Magnet » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:49 am

@Twofl

Schick mir doch mal ein Foto oder poste eines damit ich vielleicht sagen kann...hey, ach Du bist das! :D
An einen Typen mit zwei Flaggen kann ich mich gar nicht erinnern, aber Du hast recht, der Abend war super!

@braindonut
My pleasure...the evening was amazing! I hope that will repeat it in a year or so :D
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Magnet » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:02 pm

As promised....the picture with Wingman holding my signed Wingman recruiting poster in my hand:

:lol:
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Tealstone » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:10 pm

Magnet,

Did anyone ever tell you that you look like a handsome Val Kilmer? You should have tried out for the new Batman movie -- probably could do better than Ben Affleck, even with a German accent.
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Next

Return to Game News & FAQs