[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Anyone (else) play Kerbal Space Program?

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Anyone (else) play Kerbal Space Program?

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Anyone (else) play Kerbal Space Program?

Postby leopard » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Well, do ya?
leopard
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:

Re: Anyone (else) play Kerbal Space Program?

Postby Wave » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:11 pm

Tealstone, myself, and a few others have it. I don't play it that often lately, tho.
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Jaxter » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:26 pm

I play it sometimes, not reacently though
Jaxter
Adam & Eves

Postby leopard » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:33 am

I've been (re)playing .23 since the career mode came out.
I keep wondering if/when someone will make a decent multiplayer mod!

I'll probably add on Interstellar and Kethane once I've finished the regular tech progression.

The hardest thing in the game as bee getting back from the surface of Eve (at sea level). Phew.
leopard
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Tealstone » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:14 am

It's fun to play, but I'm kind of stupid, so I really need to watch more tutorials on how to shift between orbits once you're out in space.
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Ragman33 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:41 am

I play it frequently. Not very good at it. But I can make a great plane.
Ragman33
Panda Bears

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby jive » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:23 pm

I love KSP! I've got a heavily modded space program going on right now with hardmode type stuff like RemoteTech, Deadly Reentry, Life Support, and stuff like that. I love building satellite networks, space stations (especially in the Joolian system), and SSTO spaceplanes.

Leopard, they're actually baking in multiplayer to the vanilla game right now. It won't be in .24, but maybe .25 or .26.

Teal, if you're looking for good tutorials, Scott Manley is probably the best. He has a series up right now about how to get through career mode and it gives you step-by-step basics about the game, including orbital manoevers: http://www.youtube.com/user/szyzyg/videos

Edit:

I've been thinking about adding RasterPropMonitor mod to my game too, so I can do some IVA docking and landing. Anything to make the game harder gives me an opportunity to learn more cool stuff!

I almost feel a little bored in the game now. I was showing it to my girlfriend and talking about how hard it is, and I made a spacecraft and docked it to a space station I had in LKO in like 10 minutes, and she said "Well, that didn't look that hard" =( But... but...
Last edited by jive on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby leopard » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:49 pm

I've made so many planes... :)

I have one which is now my favorite: It is an SSTO that is fairly light (11.88 tons) and simple (~40 parts including RCS tanks, nozzles, docking ring, etc): it can get to Minimus orbit and back again (barely), and it is nearly impossible to lose control of.

I've never had another spaceplane that was so easy to fly-- most are quite happy to flat-spin or have other annoying handling characteristics.

I have a VTOL SSTO, but I find the VTOL part is basically never worthwhile, at least on Kerbin. Tail-first VTOL is pretty useful for landing on moons.

@Tealstone:
As jive has said, Scott Manley's videos are really great!

I (also) suggest you add the 'MechJeb" add-on and play in sandbox mode with it. It does a good job of teaching you how to do various things so long as you watch the maneuver nodes that it creates. I admit I picked up a fair bit by doing that.
Mechjeb also does a good job of removing much of the tedium of the game.

@jive: Cool! It will be great to do multiplayer KSP.
leopard
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:

Postby EchoSeven » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:08 am

So is it worth it? I've been considering it, but an pretty deep into XCOM Enemy Within right now.. :)
Got Parts, Jarrod, Charr, Mac and [others]
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby leopard » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:01 pm

I think so!
leopard
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:

Next

Return to General Discussions