[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - Hardware

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Hardware

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Re: Hardware

Postby Umbersun » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:15 pm

Right after the release of the Hangar module I became very frustrated after finding out that my only computer doesn't run it. I have a laptop with an i7 processor and 8GB DDR3 Ram memory, but the graphic card can't make it. I'm doomed!!! :cry:

During this year I will make an effort to buy item by item so by the release date of the game I'll have a brand new desktop fully capable of running the game with a decent quality without problems.

The big issue here is that computer components in Brazil are VERY expensive, that's a hell of a problem!!! :evil:
Umbersun
Adam & Eves

Postby MarkusHaven » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:18 pm

It's almost a year since I've last post. Waiting on SC has had its ups and downs. Since my last post I have built 3 gaming machines. The latest was this past weekend for my 16 yo daughter who wants to be a game designer. I managed to get all the parts for the tower for right at $1000 during cyber Monday week.

CPU AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core (Purchased) $139.99
CPU Cooler Cooler Master RR-T4-18PK-R1 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing (Purchased) $25.00
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ (Purchased) $79.99
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 (Purchased) $124.00
Storage A-Data Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5" SSD (Purchased) $79.99
Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM (Purchased) $89.99
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 4GB Tri-X (Purchased) $250.00
Case Thermaltake Commander MS-I Epic Edition (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower (Purchased) $53.00
Power Supply Thermaltake 750W ATX12V / EPS12V (Purchased) $49.99
Optical Drive LG UH12NS30 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer (Purchased) $35.00
Operating System Microsoft Windows7 Enterprise -(Purchased) $0.00
Wireless Network Adapter Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 (Purchased) $33.50
Case Fan Corsair SP140 49.5 CFM 140mm (Purchased) $15.99

The case fan didn't fit and the second strip of Ram didn't fit (I'll have to order low profile because of the CPU fan)

I stuck in 8 G and will leave that for now.
I personally hate the tower. Its a POS, but she picked it out for looks.

I can't believe how much time I worried about my first 2 builds for SC because both computers will be obsolete by the time the "game" is released.

I've been spending a good amount of time playing World of Tanks and messing with my 220 gal saltwater fish tank.
MarkusHaven
Adam & Eves

Postby Igax » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Only just read OP... not enough time to get into all of the thread.... but some of or all my suggestions may have been mentioned already.

Do not skimp on your motherboard. Get the best you can get and get with great sound on it and dump the sound card. I have found win7+ seems to have issues with sound cards. I wasted money on the one I bought, but I traded in my Motherboard for one that had Creative on board anyway.

Definitely get a full case, these are SOOO much nicer to work with.

650 seems a bit weak, get no less than a 750watt supply. The bigger the supply the cooler it will run and cooler is your friend. If you push a supply beyond it's rated usage it will work (for a time) and just get hotter than normal till it burns out. I went with a 1200 supply.... over kill but it gives me room for future crossfire or bigger Vid cards in general.
Igax
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Previous

Return to General Discussions