[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - Clearing things up I hope.

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Clearing things up I hope.

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Clearing things up I hope.

Postby Avalean » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:18 am

People of late there has been some bad communications and misunderstandings some of which I myself have been to blame due to my specific aggressive writing style and for this I apologize. So in an honest hope to clear a few issues of misinformation up I will simply post the following. There is no need for anyone to reply, or say anything. Simply take it as is if it applies and if not, then ignore it.
=============================
First yes this is a Casual organization plain and simply, Casual means you get to play the way you want how you want when you want. No one is forcing anyone to do anything different. You paid your hard earned cash for SC and no one but yourself has a right to tell you when to play or how to play, plain and simple.

Having said that I shall clarify some of the misinformation floating about I hope...

These "classes and OPs" are oriented towards people WHO WANT to participate plain and simple. It is there for those who wish to and not for those who do not. If you do not want to then no problem simply do not is all. Of course the more that participate the more fun all have and I would like to see as many as possible participate as I honestly think it would have serious productive carry over applications for Star Citizen later on. If I did not, I would not be up at 3Am in the morning at times helping people.

As proof of this statement, if you go look at the Flight roster you will see that some actually do want this type of interactive structured participation, so why not let them do it I say. To this end we worked out a basic format to allow for this to take place now, that would hopefully as well be carried over into SC later, while giving those who wanted something to do now something to do while we waited for SC release.

But it does not mean you are forced or even have to do it yourself, that is your choice on how you want to play. Heck as I said earlier, you paid for the ships and game so who is anyone to tell you how to enjoy it right? That is the purpose of the group, as a casual group it allows you to play casual when you like, when you want, but some want a bit more of a structure and organization is all. And so this fills that gap for those who want a bit more organization but without a massive rule system saying when to play and with whom to play as with the more hard core or regimental groups out there.

So play as you like, that is what it is here for and in the same respect let those who want a bit more organized structured format play as they like. If something does not apply to you then simply bypass that OP, class, game time whatever it is and go along with your life and enjoy the company of the group. No one will blame you, no one will hold a grudge, and by far no one will naysay the way you want to spend your hard earned money nor enjoy your game time.
Hope that clears this issue up.
Avalean
Avalean

Re: Clearing things up I hope.

Postby Tealstone » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:28 am

Thanks for posting that, Avalean.

And this is essentially how I'd like for us to view things... if someone wants to get really involved and regimented to the point where they track down three other people and those four train together as a top notch squadron -- if that's how they want to enjoy the game, then I want to have an avenue for that. For the folks who want to fly casually and enjoy Star Citizen recreationally with a group of friends with whom they can relax and chat, I want an avenue for that.

Citadel formed with the philosophy of "however you want to play" and, in that vein, we want to make sure that we have the resources in place for folks who want to get into it a bit more. If someone is choosing to go the hardcore route, then they are actively looking for a different play experience and we shouldn't begrudge them that. I'll probably be somewhere in between, personally. :)

Just so everyone is on the same page, the concept here is that Avalean -- based on his wealth of experience in this particular field -- would develop communications and basic flight training (formations and tactical thinking in the pilots seat) and would "train the trainers" in addition to anyone else who was interested in taking the class. The leadership of Hell's Angels and Adam & Eves, in the meantime, would be developing their intermediate and advanced tactical "playbooks" that would extend Avalean's training and they'd have the trained trainers to ultimately take up the training program for the flight divisions' official operations.

There have been discussions about a reward system (kind of like the medal case in Wing Commander) where pilots could earn medals for completing classes, running a certain number of ops with the Corporation or distinguishing themselves in certain areas. Again, all of this is optional and, in addition to the promotional/ranking structure, we wanted to give people another way to be recognized in the event they choose to be more casual players.

So, bear with us... we are still a good year or so out from launch and we're still going through our growing pains, but it's things like this that we'll encounter, address and move on as a better group. :)

Tealstone
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Return to General Discussions