[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Help me say no!

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Help me say no!

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Help me say no!

Postby Igax » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:48 pm

Due to real life reasons my plans on new ships have been cut off :-( if only there was another mi th of LTI! I have the F7C-M and a 350r both LTI but tomorrow I am already SOOO tempted to melt those down for a Retaliator LTI! I really want a big ship.... And might buy the rear admiral in Jan despite the lack of LTI. I just need encouragement that I am better off with the 2 smaller combat ships LTI than one sweet decked out on the inside bomber, or someone to adopt me by tomorrow! Who plans on getting some new bombers tomorrow? And if anyone ever plans to melt their's after January please let me know cause I would so snag it from you.

Just needed to rant and seek Confirmation that the math of 2>1 is still valid :D
Igax
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Re: Help me say no!

Postby Calignos » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Also have to factor in that the Retaliator is probably going to need a crew of 4+ to be maximally effective. Being in a Corporation certainly increases the odds of that happening reliably.. but it does remove the ease of being able to go out solo or in a duo and be effective.

But the big question is do you want to dogfight (Hornet/300 series) or do you want to be a slower but deadly bomber?
Calignos
Intelligence Director

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby JayneCobb » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:08 pm

JayneCobb
Offensive Fleet Admiral

Postby Calignos » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Calignos
Intelligence Director

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby JayneCobb » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:16 pm

JayneCobb
Offensive Fleet Admiral

Postby Calignos » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Oh absolutely. I plan to use my Connie for trade and military. And given the modability, definitely a lot more options with the Retaliator and Connie than the single seaters. Just helping him convince himself of 2 smaller ships instead of 1 big one hehe.
Calignos
Intelligence Director

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Igax » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:39 pm

So far only downside of sacrificing the single skaters is no more solo... Not much help so far lol. Sadly my play time will likely mean lots of solo time for me.... Only thing I could likely do solo in a multi ship is trade runs in the safer areas.
Igax
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby JayneCobb » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:42 pm

JayneCobb
Offensive Fleet Admiral

Postby Calignos » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:44 pm

Calignos
Intelligence Director

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby JayneCobb » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:47 pm

The clear downside to the larger ships is the lack of stealth capability that the smaller ships will have.
JayneCobb
Offensive Fleet Admiral

Next

Return to General Discussions