[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - How Much do Ship Cost for sale List!

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

How Much do Ship Cost for sale List!

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

How Much do Ship Cost for sale List!

Postby Avalean » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:48 pm

Got this from Chelsas desk today.
Thought others may want to know this info ahead of time as well.
This was sent to me as the current list of ships to be placed on sale.
LX is on sale at this time now.
Veteran/Original Backer prices are on the left and New Backer is on the right:

Aurora LX $25/$35
Starter Package $35/$40
Advanced Starter $45/$50
Gladiator $150/$165
Retaliator $250/$275
Starfarer $175/$195
Idris-P $1250
Last edited by Avalean on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avalean

Re: How Much to Ship Cost for sale List!

Postby EchoSeven » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Thanks, that's really helpful, thanks for sharing! Looks like I am on track for my final ship (Starfarer).
Got Parts, Jarrod, Charr, Mac and [others]
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Mattheus » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:41 pm

I'm torn on the Starfarer.

Yes, it's a huge ship, probably the most capable for mining/salvage. It's only 2 man. I'm just ugh about it. But I will probably pick it up to fill that role when I'm really bored. And a gladiator, even though I have a tali already.

If anything I can always melt stuff for season 2 ships.
Mattheus
Hell's Angels

Postby EchoSeven » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:55 pm

My logic on that starfarer is that I will get free fuel. I will get free trade goods, and I can charge what I like. When they are out of fuel in the middle of nowhere - what are they gonna do? :) It will go well for at least a while until process settle and logistics are set up.

Later, there will be the ability to carry cargo too, split mode and my SuperHornet should be able to refuel from it. So sounds like great fun to me.

Cheap fuel for CSC members! (8c per liter fuel discount) haha!

The only other ship I am considering is the Aurora CL.
The CL has not been on sale, so I think I will rush Wave some dosh so I can get the CL upgrade down the track.
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Wave » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:26 pm

I'm guessing these ships don't come with game access? too bad, otherwise I would be tempted to switch my connie for a retalliator.

I would lose the snub fighter, but I would gain three additional class 5 turrets and a personal apartment.
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Why bother with a Starfarer is it really useless?

Postby Avalean » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:37 am

ok a few things on the starfarer to remember.
1) It is a FUEL tanker not a transport ship.
So it can collect, refine, and haul fuel but I have seen nothing so far that says it can refuel in space,
nor carry hard cargo goods. That has all been supposition by the players so far as I can tell.
Anyone got links that shows it will be good for space refueling or even that it can use the
fuel it creates to refuel itself at that?

2) IF and I say IF it can do refueling in space and IF it can use its own fuel I would not be looking
at it as a gas station in space so much. But instead as a Mobile refueling tanker for a fleet or
deep space special OPs team who is running long term Itel missions.

3) Everyone it seems so far want it as I can see on the RSI forums as some kind of emergency
gas station for stranded pilots. We need to also look past the individual profit concept and to the larger picture
I believe as well.

Also to date no one has considered the fact that they have stated there will be different forms of fuels and engines to run them. The question must be raised on just how many will require such Fossil fuel gas fuels to begin with?
Quantum Engines? No.
Singularity engines? No.
Any engine using any source of radiant energy? No.
Sort of narrows down the options one would think.

In all likelyhood such GASES from suns would be used more in production and research facilities I would think.
Can anyone find more details on this to clarify what we are dealing with before everyone goes running off and buying a Starfarer?

Ya I just have to go popping balloons and playing devils advocate... But it is a good question for consideration over all I would think..

That is why I turned in my retaliator since long term it would not be as useful as the other selections I made.
Super Hornet "Combat"
350R "Refitted for deep space speed and Intel gathering"
M50 "Short to Medium range smuggling craft for needed black OPS or as a Back up for 350R if lost"
Cutlass "Pirate infiltration, small boarding party ship retrievals"
Constellation "Cargo Carrier also good as Pirate bait"
Starfarer " Fleet and small special missions long range refueling or deep space exploration refueler" Still under consideration for this one not enough information on it that I can find.

Avalean
Avalean

Postby JayneCobb » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:42 am

They said in one of the forum feedbacks that the Starfarer can be upgraded to carry cargo other than fuel.
JayneCobb
Offensive Fleet Admiral

Postby Avalean » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:37 am

Got a message from Chelsa, seems some of the listed ship prices may be wrong, she is getting me an updated list now.
Also as an extra precaution I sent off the Starfarer questions as well to the staff.

This late in the game as it were we really need a clarification as of this timeline not 3 months ago just to be sure people are putting their hard earned cash into items that they know will do what they want.

Did you people know she even responds to emails and post from home??
just got one from her direct while she was not at work, told her not to go burning herself out.

just an indication of how much work, effort and time some of these folks are putting into this.
This is better support and info delivery than I have seen with any open beta released game to date.
Avalean

Postby EchoSeven » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:57 am

Chelsea is a gem.
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Mattheus » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Just remember you have different engines. Your main thrusters which work off main power reactor (to which there are a few different types, reactor vs fussion ), and your maneuvering thrusters which from my impression mostly run off a fuel of sorts.

But even the main reactors need fuel, hydrogen etc.

I think only the large capital ships don't require fuel because of their reactors. The bengal carrier is listed with a range of operation of indefinate.
Mattheus
Hell's Angels

Next

Return to General Discussions