[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - I have a confession to make. I have never...

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

I have a confession to make. I have never...

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

I have a confession to make. I have never...

Postby EchoSeven » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:51 am

...seen Firefly.

How bad is that exactly? Is that as bad as when I was 17 and had never seen Star Wars Before?

I do love DS9 (have all seasons), Bablylon 5 (All seasons) so I love my SciFi.

I've looked into getting firefly, it's about $20, but at only 1 season am I going to feel angry at the end when it, well, you know.. ends so what I can only assume is prematurely?

Is it worth it? Why?
Got Parts, Jarrod, Charr, Mac and [others]
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Re: I have a confession to make. I have never...

Postby JayneCobb » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:34 am

It is very worth it. Make sure you also watch the movie Serenity as it is a sequel to the show.
JayneCobb
Offensive Fleet Admiral

Postby Mattheus » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:14 am

Firefly is on Netflix also.

And yes, like anyone who watched Firefly you'll be all WTFF why did this show not get another 10 seasons. It's one of those conspiracies.
Mattheus
Hell's Angels

Postby Calignos » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:44 am

If you like Sci-Fi (which I assume you do being in a SC Corporation lol), I would definitely recommend it. Some of the best TV characters IMO. Would definitely watch the series prior to Serenity.
Calignos
Intelligence Director

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Durron » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:51 am

It's ok, I literally just finished the series two nights ago for the first time, and started watching Serenity last night(didn't get to finish it yet...) Definitely worth it in my opinion. Great story, and it wraps up well with the movie from what I've heard. As others have said, pay the $8 for a month of netflix and watch it instead of buying it if you don't already have a netflix account, the movie is on there as well.

On another note... HOW DID YOU WAIT UNTIL YOU WERE 17 TO SEE STAR WARS?!

;)
Durron
COO

Postby Mattheus » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:20 pm

You can get the first month of netflix free :P
Mattheus
Hell's Angels

Postby Wave » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Don't feel bad. I'm 23 and I hadn't seen it until a couple months ago.
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby EchoSeven » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:38 pm

About Star Wars - Hey, I lived a very sheltered life! You don't really know how cool something is until you experience it, right? I watched it with two friends one evening, and it was very cool. They were equally amused that I had not seen it yet.

And, thanks for the netflix link, very good, I'll see if it works over here in Australia.
Got Parts, Jarrod, Charr, Mac and [others]
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Mattheus » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:43 pm

I don't see why netflix shouldn't work there, you may not get super HD from it though, but I bet they have servers there.

Sometimes if I have a slow connection (like driving and my kid is watching) I'll just pause it a minute and let it buffer up. Though tbh it's streaming is great quality even with a crap connection, just might get pixelated occasionally.
Mattheus
Hell's Angels

Postby Wave » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:46 pm

I had a friend that had never seen star wars until I sat him down and FORCED(no pun intended) him to watch it, starting with the original trilogy. Previously, he'd refused to watch it simply because it was a hit. To him something so well known must be a sell out. But afterwards, he really likes the series.
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Next

Return to General Discussions