[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - New ships

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

New ships

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

New ships

Postby Mattheus » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Not sure why but I'm a little turned off at the announcement of more ships already.

Overall I'm happy, as long as the new ships don't represent 2.0 versions of what we already had available. Which will inevetiably happen in game. As the visions of the designers start to broaden with each ship design it'll be like, Oh, well the connie had 20 upgrades, lets have this one have 21, with an extra hard point.

I'm sure it's also to keep the pipeline full for the design team, but come on, we don't even have all the current ships yet. Which could be attributed to different teams having different work loads (artists are starting to have free time, but the renderers are backed up).

Just sort of MEH about it. Like I said as long as the new ships don't have a 2.0 we are better in every stat feel hopefully it is just more defined role ships, vs the utilitarian ships we have now.
Mattheus
Hell's Angels

Re: New ships

Postby Calignos » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm fine with it as long as they don't introduce too many options for the same role. Ie. 5 1-man dog-fighters. But a few 1 mans, a 2 man, a 4 man, 6 man, 10 man all made by different manufacturers for the same role is fine, as they will have different uses. Especially once we start seeing some Frigate and Destroyer concepts.

But I do share your concern, I sincerely hope they don't make any previous ships obsolete.
Calignos
Intelligence Director

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Mattheus » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:53 pm

I also hope they keep their promise that the Idris will be the largest ship we can purchase before game launch.
Mattheus
Hell's Angels

Postby EchoSeven » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:01 pm

I say don't be concerned. CIG have an incredible track record of creating ridiculously tempting ships and with the overhead, there will always be something special about 'that' ship.

Simply Marvelous.
Got Parts, Jarrod, Charr, Mac and [others]
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Return to General Discussions