[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - fighter pilots tactics

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

fighter pilots tactics

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Re: fighter pilots tactics

Postby braindonut » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:01 pm

@Glitechnia Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love the details and I think it's very useful to share. If you have more, please share it here, or send me a PM if you'd prefer.

@Everyone I'd like to encourage everyone to share any and all tactical thoughts they may have, just like Glitechnia has here. Best case scenario, we'll integrate what you know into our overall "playbook." Worst case scenario, it turns into some interesting conversations. It could get a bit chaotic, but we have a couple months before the dogfight module hits and that's enough time for a bit of chaos to exist.

@Avalean As you know, I've been away because of my divorce. But I'm back now. I hope to get together with you and talk more about your training plans. I'm really glad we had multiple things moving forward like this while I (and others) were gone - but now we're going to need help getting back into the loop.

@Segomo There's a lot of things being worked on right now. A high level tactics playbook, planning for how we want to do our operations, as well as considerations for the training that Avalean has proposed and is currently organizing. However, I'm not the best one to comment on these things at this time, because I've been gone for about 2.5 weeks.

@Everyone To reiterate: if anyone wants to discuss tactics, you are not only free to do so, but highly encouraged to do so. We all have different experiences and knowledge levels. I want to learn from each and every one of you. Don't worry about subject matter, applicability, or detail. We can work everything out through discussion.
braindonut
COO Emeritus

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby ilovebunnies » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:27 pm

This is for atmospheric combat, but is apparently *the* book for it:

http://www.scaredscriptless.com/images/ ... vering.pdf

could be useful for some ideas...
ilovebunnies
Hell's Angels

Postby Avalean » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:53 am

We have now an approved basics comms class for combat and a basic agreed upon interm game for the practice of team combat and comms uses.
There are OPs AND CLasses already listed on the Guild calendar for same.
To participate go read the OTHER GAMES forum in the Freelancer section.

There are several specifically listed post explaining what is needed, what to do to participate, and the current basic fun leveling Flight Roster in place for this pretraining practice. Along with ranking Stats so people have a way to get into a first person view cockpit space fighting sim and practice NOW, to be ready for Star Citizen Later.

Current Courses include basics of Map grid reference and reading use "Basic Flight Navigation", Wingman Communications, set up of teamspeak3 wingman and command channels, terms, and more that will be used in SC, "Basic Flight Communications" and of course this then plays right into the aspect of attack formations, practices and uses.

NOTE: A flight Roster is being kept and WILL be reviewed by Braindonut, Tealstone and others, participation in this is not mandatory but WILL be highly Considered later on concerning Billeted Positions. We want people who can take initiative and put words into practice. Show us you are one of those individuals with actions not just forum post.
So why be simply talking about it when you could be doing it NOW?
Stop yappin and start Flyin.
To participate in OPs you have to first complete the Basic Navigations class and the Basic Flight Communications course.

Basic Flight nav is being presented in three classes in three different time zones this weekend so no excuse.
Basic Navigation class last about 2 to 2.5 hours, the same for the basic Flight Communications course. Individuals who complete these Instructionals will have the chance to further represent themself and their guild spirit by becoming FLTZ Coordinators.
Further classes will be presented during the week as well as weekends to get people off the ground and into a cockpit.
People who wish to have a class or course simply needs to get the game set up as directed in the Other Games Freelancer section of the forum, sign up for the classes and get to blowing enemies out of space.

NOTE Due to the spacing of the classes and time dependent, those who complete the nav class and wish we may see about simply continuing forward and getting you the Basic Flight Communications Course then and there as well. Remember each class takes about 2 hours per class course. So that would mean a 4 hour commitment to be able to do both in unison.

WHAT? You still here? Get Moving Nugget.......
Avalean

Postby braindonut » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:53 am

I would like to echo what Avalean has said. I also posted a thread in the HA forums about this training opportunity:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=696

Please check the mentioned threads out and start participating in this training!

However, also feel free to talk about tactics. Both Glitechnia's and ilovebunnies' posts were interesting and valuable to me. We're currently gathering as much of this info as we can - the more the better.
braindonut
COO Emeritus

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby zramn » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:12 am

Well if we are talking all tactics... Starfox evasion tactics are valid. If you need to lose someone tailing you, go into translation mode, flip your ship around 180, whatever way exposes your most protected side, and fire your main thruster to slow down and go the complete opposite direction from your previous direction and your pursuer. Most players will be too busy trying to fire on you to switch into translation mode.

Another tactic from the same game is to wait until your gun's battery reserves are full to fire so you have a larger chance to hit with more shots fired.

Lastly, if your ship is in the red, don't die a hero's death, live a hero's life and fight in another battle. Return to base if you have troubles. Losing a battle is better than losing a pilot.

As always, ZRAMN (mobile)
zramn
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Avalean » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:34 am

Yepperas the hero should not be the one dying for his or her cause or country, but the one making the other bastages die for his or her country or cause. LOL

You are under direct orders not to die soldier, your orders are to make the other /$%/$% Die for our cause, got it?
Avalean

Previous

Return to General Discussions