[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - To go HOTAS, to go dual Flightsticks, To go CH or TM...

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

To go HOTAS, to go dual Flightsticks, To go CH or TM...

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Re: To go HOTAS, to go dual Flightsticks, To go CH or TM...

Postby Igax » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:10 pm

Igax
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby EchoSeven » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:15 pm

I have settled on the CH controllers. I am looking through things like Craigslist for people that are getting rid of theirs (OBVIOUSLY they don't know about Star Citizen haha!).. and getting WAY more than I could otherwise EVER be able to afford.
Got Parts, Jarrod, Charr, Mac and [others]
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Scrapshot » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:26 am

The Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X is a great Stick to get into this. Cheap and reliable - only things I don't like is the rather short cable between the two parts and the smallish trigger (it hurts at my finger -.-)
Scrapshot
Hell's Angels

Postby EchoSeven » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Finally bought my new Controller Setup!

Terribly excited!

CH Products FlightStick, Pro Throttle and Pedals. For a ridiculous $220 bucks (only used twice on Gumtree (like craigslist). How cool is that!

What do you think?! :)
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby zramn » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:03 pm

zramn
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby EchoSeven » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:06 pm

Really lucky, company I work for was clearing out all the office equipment and they had this whoomping big desk for sale. It was a bitch to put together, but I am SO GLAD I did.

Now for a cheap Track IR...

:Echo goes hunting:
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Mattheus » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:18 pm

I'm a huge fan of mouse/keyboard for most flight games (warthunder etc), but adding in the extra vertices you can manipulate in the non-newtonian flight system is going to require these setups to be competitive in dog fighting. I'm thinking from watching the few leaked youtube videos of the flight system that dual flightsticks might be the way to go.

Mouse/keyboard in this flight system I think would just cause my fingers to wind up looking like the bow on a christmas gift. Either that or you're reaction time will just be significantly less. Xbox controller might be the "minimium" standard for flight since you get two flight sticks.

I can see one stick for the normal left/right/up/down plus tilting on the axis. Second stick for rotation on the axis for some high g maneuvers.

Though the flight sticks could give you that control plus using the top hat for turret/turrets control.

All speculation based off some crappy videos on youtube.
Mattheus
Hell's Angels

Postby Archang3ll » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:12 pm

OK, so I just saw this. Apparently Saitek is releasing a new Flight Control System called the X55. Check it out. I will post more when I know more
Archang3ll
Hell's Angels

Postby zramn » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:15 pm

zramn
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Nubanator » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:06 am

Just pre-ordered the X-55 Rhino. 199.99 with free shipping (pre-orders only). Doesn't ship till May 30th though. Decided to pull the trigger when Pete Mackay got excited over all it's custom analog and software features. Hoping it's decent, especially for it's price point.
Here's it's link on
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions