[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - To go HOTAS, to go dual Flightsticks, To go CH or TM...

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

To go HOTAS, to go dual Flightsticks, To go CH or TM...

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

To go HOTAS, to go dual Flightsticks, To go CH or TM...

Postby Igax » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:28 pm

I posted this in the Den and thought I would get input from you guys as well. I can really only afford to spend 400ish ONCE on a set of controls so I am trying to do as much research as possible!

I am looking for someone who has had hands on experience with Thrust Master and CH Products. Not just an in store tried them and went one way or the other but someone that has really used them for extended usage! I have a Saitek set that I bought ages ago only because it was on a really good sale. Never really used it till lately when I started looking up games to play while waiting on SC. After hours of trying to like the X52 I have decided I can not. It is way to loose and much to sloppy for me. I remember in the gameport days that I loved my Ch Fighter stick and am looking into that. But after pricing all I want from CH (Figherstick, Pro Throttle, Pedals, possible left hand stick to try 2 sticks in stead HOTAS setup) I find I am near the Thrustmaster Warthog and wanted some input about it compared to the CH Products.

How does the Thrustmaster compare to the CH. Is TM tighter than CH or about the same? Sadly no place in my area carries either products so I have to rely on word of mouth and order online.

Also has it been said whether or not the the lefdt/right and up/down thrusters will be analog or just an on off type setup? This as well will affect what system I use to control. Thanks for input!
Igax
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Re: To go HOTAS, to go dual Flightsticks, To go CH or TM...

Postby JayneCobb » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:03 am

I would wait until after a month or two in the Dogfight Module before getting people's opinions.
JayneCobb
Offensive Fleet Admiral

Postby EchoSeven » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:01 pm

I'm in the same boat.

Found a nice supplier in Australia
https://www.ao3.com.au/product.asp?Manu ... TM-2960720

But they are out of stock of the X52 (which they are going to sell me at the silly price of $128.)

But also exploring the Warthog for $439. Mostly in my mind. Fantasizing, as it will in no way be related to reality. :D
Got Parts, Jarrod, Charr, Mac and [others]
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Avalean » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:56 am

So we have other left handed joystickers out there LOL. As a primary left handed person I have found as strange as it sounds that a well designed trackball on the right hand and a Saitek touch pad on the left worked better for me than any joystick I have tried to date.

And when I say tried I mean TRIED since I am a hardware beta tester. I liked the 52 originally as I believe that was the one that allowed you to flip the thumb piece for right or left handed players, but again as someone said above it seemed really loose and wiggely to me also. They were supposed to redo that design with bearing and soft point connectors for the stick base to clean up the movement, Guess they simply decided it would sell as is so why make a better product.

I am now working with the proto type Peregrine Glove system and a trackball which the plan is to integrate this into the Occulus systems. I start Data Logging soon on the Peregrine so we can make sure it integrates properly with the Occulus later on.

Here is some of the stuff I am currently using the glove and trackball on.
The combo has been tested with over 500 hours of game time logged in each game type.
Flight Sim: Freelancer Discovery, War Thunder and World of WarPlanes
MMO: SWTOR and Neverwinter Online
FPS: PS2
Mobile / Vehicle: World of Tanks and Mechwarrior online

The Peregrine Glove is currently under redesign after I managed to break it twice in under 2 months time of testing.
The new design promises to have durability AND importantly massive Multi key functions.

Currently the software holds 32 programmable Hot key Options. I then integrated this with a Frag Pedal giving me further hotkeys for :
Alt+
Control+
Shift+
Alt+Control+
Shift+Alt+
Shift+Control+
with the key command hotkeys all programmable.
That is around 224 hotkey functions literally at my fingertips and feet combined on one hand!
Wish I had this when I was doing X Universe stuff.

Once final approval of my submitted redesigns for the glove go into effect we will be proceeding with a right handed Multi purpose style glove. But importantly the left handed glove will be ready for production and sell hopefully in time for Xmas, YAAAA..
Also folks remember for those already with joysticks, the current FL Discovery game can use a Joystick for that as well you just need to go online and find a Joystick to mouse emulator for it to work is all. And there are plenty of them out there.

Trackball: DO NOT use a trackball that uses the thumb to move the ball it tears up your thumb joint.
This is the basic design I have stayed with for years now when not testing stuff. It massively reduces carpeltunnel, arm and neck stress as well.
http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ ... CUjYkA.jpg

Peregrine glove current design "Do Not get this design wait for the new one".
http://theperegrine.com/product/

Last Note, go like the Pros use cable salad for your equipment!
Avalean

Postby EchoSeven » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:04 am

Well, I've just lined up a purchase of a CH Flightstick, CH Throttle and CH Rudder for a silly price.

If it pans out, I'll post a pic. If not, well, I'll show you what I'm drinking to drown my sorrows. :)
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Siycle » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:28 pm

Do we really need all this stuff? You think a mouse and keyboard won't do? (or an xbox controller). Or is this just about "immersion" for you guys??
Siycle
Hell's Angels

Postby Sora Darcia » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:31 pm

think a joystick will be better but a xbox controller should work fine for general flying and combat might still have to use keyboard for some of the less used commands though

personnaly think im going to use xbox controller for flying and keyboard + mouse for FPS and walking
Sora Darcia

Postby braindonut » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:48 pm

braindonut
COO Emeritus

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby EchoSeven » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:23 pm

System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Siycle » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:47 pm

Siycle
Hell's Angels

Next

Return to General Discussions