[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - UPDATED RE-Read Lets Play a FL space sim

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

UPDATED RE-Read Lets Play a FL space sim

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

UPDATED RE-Read Lets Play a FL space sim

Postby Avalean » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:33 am

Decisions: Since we currently have no activities running I thought it would be a good idea for all of us to get together and do some basic gaming using a space flight sim.
For now under current conditions we will go with the Discovery mod game and a vanilla Server backup since it has multiple full operational servers available in the USA European, and Australian time zones we can use.
For joystick users you will need to have a mouse emulator for your control pads or such as this is a mouse controlled game. Check further down in the thread for posted Emulator URLs please....

Game times will be based off of GMT + / - 0 hours, Game will start at 0900 hours GMT and will end at 20:00 hrs GMT on Sunday the 27th. Later we can also run game times on fridays and Saturdays as well to give all equal gaming interaction time. This is simply a trial run so do your best to get as many guildies there as possible please,let us see ´how many are interested and if this is a working idea.

Look at the provided chart below and add or deduct the required time to calculate game hours for your time zone. As of Sunday October 27th Germany will go to daylight savings and change for mGMT+2 to GMT+1 We will update the following Time listings later on as needed.

Example: 0900 hrs GMT for
AWS is 5pm (+8 GMT)
EST is 5am (-4 GMT)
You get the idea I am sure...

TIME ZONES GMT
USA
EST = -4 GMT
PST = -8 GMT
MST = -6 GMT

EUROPEAN
East European = +3 GMT
Central European = +2 GMT
Western European = +1 GMT
Egypt = +2 GMT

Australia
AEST = +10 GMT
ACST = +9.5 GMT
AWST = +8 GMT

You can enter the game servers at any time but we will have designated Guild gaming times posted later on to people know when to expect the fullest participation with guild members.
Before entering game be sure to come into the TS3 server for voice communications use.

When Creating a character simply use your Handle that you will use in Star Citizen. Create THREE Characters. Example:
Avalean
Avalean.
Avalean..

Notice the One and dual period signs after the second and third name. This will keep your Handles active and not have naming conflict problems.

You should be in Teamspeak Approximantly 15 minutes prior to any Operation or class being held.
For none Operation and None Class gaming days there will simply be given a wide time zone that people can come and go as they like during those time periods.

DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS:
NOTE Download depending on location can take a while.

To get a clean unripped trojan / worm free download of the game files and added extras do the following.
1) Go to this URL.
Copy and pAste into your Internet browser please:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

2) Then download and read the 00 FL Install procedures.Doc file.

If we have enough people interested we may even later create self extracting files so it does not take so many steps to execute. But for now we want to see if there is even the interest to progress further with this concept.

Lets get ready to rumble folks!!!!!
Last edited by Avalean on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Avalean

Re: Lets Play Sunday 27th GM Ttime

Postby Tealstone » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:59 am

No objections here - besides it would be silly of me to discourage folks getting together to play!

I may be sparse this weekend because of having kids and the Halloween parties, but I'd yow able to play in an organized fashion in any capacity, I greatly encourage it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3.
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby chaos_geek » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:18 am

Are you suggesting we play at 5am sunday morning?
chaos_geek
Panda Bears

Postby Tealstone » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:24 am

One man's 5am is another man's 5pm. :)

He's saying to start at 0900 hours GMT and end at 20:00 hrs GMT, so the server would essentially be available the bulk of the day.
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Avalean » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:37 am

You can come into the game server at any time. The "Game Times" in GMT is so people know when to expect the majority of guildies to be preset between those hours. GMT is universal so easy for everyone to do the basic math for their time zone. Something I suggest the leaders here consider for later OPs and such as well.

So say you are EST you know the server will be running with active members between 5AM your time -6 hours and will end around 2000 hrs GMT so about 2PM your time.
And please do not get me going on 5AM stuff I was up at 1:30AM this morning for a conference that lasted until around 7AM my time LOL
Been there Done that and why I have the hours set up as such so no one has to be up at those hours unless they really I mean REALLY want to be.
Avalean

Postby Forge » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:12 am

Forge
Adam & Eves

Postby Ragman33 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:35 am

I'll try and get on. I'm on call this weekend for hydro work and so far it's been busy as the weather sucks.
Ragman33
Panda Bears

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby WarMongrel » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:11 am

I won't be able to get on till late afternoon (gmt) at best. However, I will jump on TS3 when I can. Not heard of his game though.....
WarMongrel
Lead Analyst

Postby Avalean » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:14 am

just remember that the Babylon 5 games will do us no good unless we can get them to host multiplayer. The server hosting for that has known crash bugs that are still not fixed. Currently of all of the previously tested stuff Discovery is the only one with stable and reliable server host.

There is a Battlestar Galactica Mod but the servers have been twitchy of late.
Avalean

Postby Archang3ll » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:33 am

Can you point me to a good "mouse emulator"? I'm not really a M & KB guy (especially for FPS, Flight Sim, or Direct Character Control games) Never have been. Never will be. The only games I play with a M & KB are strategy games, some MMOs (I even play SWTOR with a gamepad), and 3/4 top/down action RPGs. For my PC games without native joystick or gamepad support, I use "Pinnacle Game Profiler". The only hitch is PGP requires the original M & KB key-binding scheme and a copy of the game .exe. Maybe one of the site techs can write a profile before the Sunday play times. Generally, it takes about 48-72 hours to get a profile scheme created for a game.

I definitely want to do this with you guys, but training on a M & KB, and playing with a GP or JS has totally different interface reactions, timing, & feelings. If the game has a Key-Binding layout menu, then I will attempt to get a gamepad control scheme for it and report back here.

For anyone else interested in PGP, here you go:

Archang3ll
Hell's Angels

Next

Return to General Discussions