[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - UPDATED RE-Read Lets Play a FL space sim

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

UPDATED RE-Read Lets Play a FL space sim

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Re: Lets Play Sunday 27th GM Ttime

Postby Archang3ll » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:08 pm

Archang3ll
Hell's Angels

Postby Avalean » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:18 pm

The Manual in the downloads should have the basic hotkeys, best way for all hotkeys is to download, extract the game then open it and at main menu go to the controls settings.

Not sure what the joystick fad thing is really, i have found over the years that I get a lot faster and precise control feedback using a trackball.
Again I would never use a mouse myself personally either but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
remember this is for right now, "Next 6 to 8 months average" until we get a fully functioning SC open beta going.

It will allow us to do basic flight school classes, work on formation and crossfire tactics, communications and wníngman as well as squad unit work.

We are already behind the eightball on these issues as is.
Discovery allows us many aspects most other space sims do not so far.
Large static universe, Vast selection of ship types to train with, At start game factions are all neutral so we do not even have to worry about NPC attacks while training, Ability to have over 5 characters with different ships and ability to train in different tactics while still having toon space to simply play and enjoy the game in between courses and OPs.

It also allows us the ability to break into units, fire teams or squads and practice live fire tactics against each other to boot.

I did not make the selection simply ona whim, but considered all of these aspects and option on a variety of different games out there, plus and it is important, this gives us stable servers to train and play from in both the USA AND in Australia as well. So reduced ping and lag for some classes in the USA and Aussie time zones.

Hope this clarifies some of the questions and concerns. Saitek usually has some nice mouse emulator programs or use to anyway. I will check around as well see what I can find.
Avalean

Postby Avalean » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:23 pm

These were on the first hits when I did a google for Mouse to Joystick emulator.
I am sure there are a ton more out there.

Joystick to mouse emulators:
http://www.imgpresents.com/joy2mse/j2m.htm

http://softwaresolution.informer.com/Mouse-Emulator/

http://softadvice.informer.com/Jmouse_W ... lator.html

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/Jo ... ersion.htm
Avalean

Postby Archang3ll » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:29 pm

Archang3ll
Hell's Angels

Postby Starow » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Will try to make it at around 9-10am est if i can. Will be fun :)
Starow
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Shyfty » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Would love to join you guys, but probably wont be able to do so tomorrow. I have a seminar on Monday and Tuesday and will have to recap a few things till then.
Hopefully I can join you all the next time!

Have fun!
Shyfty
Hell's Angels

Postby Century » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:08 pm

Downloading as i type, looking forward to Sunday :)
Century
Hell's Angels

Postby JayneCobb » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:31 pm

Sounds great. Unfortunately, I have to work on Sunday so I'll only be on for an hour or two.

P.S. The PST time zone is currently UTC-7. Won't be UTC-8 for another week.
JayneCobb
Offensive Fleet Admiral

Postby ilovebunnies » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Will try and join for an hour or two at some point
ilovebunnies
Hell's Angels

Postby Dack » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Working tonight. Maybe some other time.
Dack
Hell's Angels