[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - So I'm browsing in "The Next Great Starship" when...

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

So I'm browsing in "The Next Great Starship" when...

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

So I'm browsing in "The Next Great Starship" when...

Postby Lancer Vance » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:47 pm

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... gun#latest

This post cracked me up, couldn't stop laughing at some of the posts in this. Aside from that, interesting weapon.
~ LAZR
Lancer Vance
Panda Bears

Re: So I'm browsing in "The Next Great Starship" when...

Postby zramn » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:42 pm

Oh man that is great! I hope that when the game does eventually come out that we can get a mod to replace a Gatling texture with that! Firing $69 custom-tooled cartridges at <=8 rounds per second doesn't seem that expensive, given the weapons penetration.

Immaturity aside, the physics behind the gun itself... This would work on a microcosm, but actually getting particles to behave according to quantum mechanics seems impossible. Does not mean I don't want to see a [REDACTED] gun on my ships.
zramn
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Re: So I'm browsing in "The Next Great Starship" when...

Postby Quiet Rain » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Actually, particles, and even molecules, can behave as though they were quantum particles. See this article for one example.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread824015/pg1
Quiet Rain

Return to General Discussions