Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

$23 Million Hit and $25 Million Goal

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

$23 Million Hit and $25 Million Goal

Postby Durron » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:11 am

$23 million!!!

That's crazy, anyways the $25 million dollar goal is of more interest to me than anything else

Christopher Roberts wrote:Enhanced Alpha – We will use additional funding to build a wider alpha test than we had originally intended for the first phase of Star Citizen’s launch. The initial plan was to first launch servers in North America and then expand to areas such as Europe and Australia to decrease latency in these areas, perfecting the game as we improve the experience around the world. This funding will allow us to invest in a wider infrastructure for our early testing, spinning up remote servers earlier. Hitting this goal will also allow us to increase the number of remaining alpha slots. Extra alpha slots not only means more Star Citizens will travel the ‘verse at launch, but that we will receive more feedback and more stress testing. This in turn will allow us to better balance and enhance the Star Citizen experience!

I didn't realize they weren't going to do this to start, but I'm glad it will happen! (Presuming we raise another $2 million) We don't want our international group to only be able to play with half the people
Durron
COO

Return to General Discussions