Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

I think this guy has great idea's

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

I think this guy has great idea's

Postby Lancer Vance » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:24 am

First off, here is the link to the actual forum post, you can watch his video there: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... bay#latest

So being the owner of a Constellation, I'm not entirely sure how the loading and unloading of cargo / the Merlin fighter will work. But this guy's video of newer concepts at least in his ideas are quite interesting. Also I agree with him that if the Constellation is the equivalent to the Millennium Falcon or Serenity, where the hell are the decent crew areas? The sleeping area on it looks like small cargo containers, doesn't seem very practical for a ship of that size. His concepts are quite interesting and I hope they get implemented in some way at least, what do you all think about it?

I also really like his idea on the cargo and fighter area that he says they should change up. Check out the video.
~ LAZR
Lancer Vance
Panda Bears

Re: I think this guy has great idea's

Postby Strider » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:43 pm

I've participated in several of these discussions on the RSI forums (which are pretty hostile right now, but that's another topic). His ideas are definitely novel, but the arrangements I've seen that make the most sense to me are (from fore to aft):

Cockpit, turrets, bulkhead.
Living area (beds, table, bathroom, possibly as shown in this video), bulkhead.
Cargo bay takes up the entire aft section of the ship. Add a cargo ramp in the rear, which can be used for boarding and cargo.

Convert the cargo elevator to a hangar "bomb bay" with swing open doors and the launch/retrieval arms as shown in the video. The floor of the cargo bay would no longer drop out. This gets rid of those huge pistons blocking the center of the cargo bay currently, which improves mobility within the ship when loaded.

So this keeps all the crew/people related stuff up front (including easy access to beds/escape pods), and the cargo in the back. The crew is better protected from decompression, and it's now easy to jettison the cargo via the ramp if need be. The only problem is, the ramp would require a bit of re-design on the way the primary thrusters move, since there are currently massive support arms blocking the bottom of the aft end of the ship that support the bottom thrusters.
Strider
Hell's Angels

Postby Firesteel » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:25 pm

Both his ideas are excellent. I don't have a Connie, but the footage I've seen makes it feel less "homey" than I think it's supposed to, especially considering it's supposed to be like a Firefly or the Millennium Falcon.
Firesteel
Hell's Angels

Postby Braduck » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:02 pm

i agre it look cool from the outside but once you get in it feel a little bland and rushed it need more personality to the inside
Braduck
Hell's Angels

Return to General Discussions