Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Controller types?

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Re: Controller types?

Postby Firesteel » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:04 pm

I'll definitely give the 360 controller a shot since I've played other space combat games with it and its 2 analog sticks can make for some interesting control possibilities.
Firesteel
Hell's Angels

Re: Controller types?

Postby StandardToaster » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:17 pm

for flight, rather than a traditional HOTAS, i'm thinking that i'm going to use some kind of stick and a Logitech G13. There's an analog thumbstick for things like RCS, which i'm not even sure will be able to do anything other than on/off, plus a (metric) boatload of customizable keys.

I feel like the gamepad is a jack of all trades. I've always had much better success with FPS style fights with a keyboard and mouse, and i'm not sure i'd be able to stand it for flight, so it's basically out of the running for me.

Moving between devices if you're using something like the rift is probably going to be a gong show, especially on a desk like mine where stuff moves around a lot. I'm thinking this will be no big deal for me, as i'm probably going to be using something like a trackIR.

My next big challenge is to figure out WHAT stick to get. I had a super old logitech one that still had a "game port" with a USB adaptor that I finally parted with a couple of years ago.
StandardToaster
Hell's Angels

Previous

Return to General Discussions