[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - Artemis

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Artemis

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Artemis

Postby Siycle » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:38 am

First of all, i cant wait to see what this thing would look like. Description makes the Bangle look like a Hornet. But what I find interesting in this read is "Janus". Anyone hear about the Possibility of installing an A.I. into your ship?!?!?! Sounds puuuurdy cool to me!!

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Artemis
Siycle
Hell's Angels

Re: Artemis

Postby Magnet » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:09 am

Would be great to have an A.I. aboard, something like during the Mass Effect series, giving you advices and information during flight!
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Durron » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:32 am

It would be really cool, but if you read a lost generation they make it sound like he was a one of a kind thing, or the tech was lost over the years.
Durron
COO

Postby WarMongrel » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:46 am

Sounds like this may be one of those random things/rumours that you can chase down until you find the Artemis, or whatever remains. Janus is an interesting choice of name, it being the Roman god of beginnings and ends with one face looking forwards to the future and one looking back to the past, January is named after him as he is looking back at the last year and forwards to others. Maybe the ai was meant to be a new thing, and new era. The god janus is also responsible for the beginning and ends of most things, such as war.

He was also in judge dredd if I remember correctly.:-)
WarMongrel
Lead Analyst

Postby Mattheus » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:01 am

If you read the lore story (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... on-Issue-1) (awesome story to read), about how centuries ago earth launched a generation ship (Artemis) with 5000 people on a 200 year cyrosleep that was lost when the jump drive f'd up. You'll know it had the most advanced artificial intelligence (Janus) as the "operating system" for the ship. Janus was so advanced at the time that it is still widely sought after. There was a copy of it on display in a museum,but it was stolen

Mostly because people wanted to use Janus to simulate the jump routes it would have taken to try and find the ship. So far they've found like a thruster, a hull piece, and it was destroyed but the captain frozen in ice.

The bounty hunter who stole Janus from the museum now uses Janus (after stealing it from the large corp backing the treasure hunt) on her personal ship.
Mattheus
Hell's Angels

Return to General Discussions