[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - Ship naming?

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Ship naming?

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Ship naming?

Postby Inquisition » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:15 am

So here I am sitting in front of my computer, with the TV on as background noise. Horse racing is on. Now I have no interest in horse racing at all, but I left it on as I am not paying attention to it anyway. But I noticed all the weird and odd names some of these horses have.

It got me thinking. Will you be naming your ships? If so, what?
Inquisition
Graphics Department Director

Re: Ship naming?

Postby Magnet » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:03 am

Actually I never thought about naming my ship so far as only high end backers are able to give their ships names.

I am still a fan of Wing Commander or Strike Commander where you look at callsigns and the amount of kills you have than the name of your ship. For traders on the other hand I would strongly suggest giving your trading vessels names like ships have today. But I just try to think about giving my Hornet a name and telling people my "Black Hunter" got trashed or something like that :roll:
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Romulus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:03 pm

I'll name my "ships" but not my "planes" I think.

CR mentioned during the livestream event that naming a ship and having it on your hull as well as stock emblems (or combo) is something they are actively working on now. Having custom art work is a bit harder as the amount of data would be very large with 100 ships each with a different custom logo. However even that he said he's considering as a toggle option.
Romulus

Postby Magnet » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:24 pm

Well, I wouldn't want to toggle on and off a "ship's" or vessel's name. It is like changing the appearance of your avatar! I quite like the idea that you can be resurrected but one day it is over and your offspring takes over. The same should work with your ship....if it is destroyed there won't be a second "Nautilus" or something like that! And if you sell your ship the new owner should be able to erase the name to show everybody that it's a "second hand" :D
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Tealstone » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:27 pm

One of my boats will be called "Deadlock" in honor of a gamer friend of mine who passed -- that was his nickname.

I've done this for each game I've had a ship (Star Trek Online, EVE, etc), so the tradition will continue. As for the Constellation... Hmm, maybe "TCS Tiger Claw." :)
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Magnet » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:26 am

That is good reason to give your ship a name!

But TCS Tiger Claw for a Constellation? :shock: Well, when I get my Idris at the end of the week we could think about it! :D
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Tealstone » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:00 am

Are you definitely getting the Idris? ;p
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Magnet » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:29 am

I talked to Sandi and she confirmed that I get one at the end of the week when they know how to make the deal with my account and the double-booked Idris of someone else! According to her she has to get instructed by the "tech guys" and will give me a feedback at the end of the week....so there is still the chance it doesn't work but I feel lucky right now :D
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Darhoth » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:59 am

Nice! We should get a fully crewed Idris and take it against a fleet of smaller ships and see what it takes for the Idris to go down in the dogfighting module.
Darhoth
CFO Emeritus

Postby Magnet » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:49 pm

And destroy the Idris in the process!? :shock: Let's just try to get some experiences without having to use the LTI! :D
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Next

Return to General Discussions