[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Ship Upgrades

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Ship Upgrades

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Ship Upgrades

Postby Siycle » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:59 am

I take a moment every day to look over the game site to learn soemthing new. It occures to me that ship upgrades are grossly overpriced when combined with a ship package: for example; the bare bone 300i is tagged at $55.00, the upgraded 315 (explorer) is at $65.00. Thats a $10.00 increase for only three upgrades!!! The 325 is $70.00 with 5 upgrades (AR Ominsky VI Laser Cannon x2, K & W Mass Cannon, and Talon Stalker Missiles x2). Given that some ships will have room for several dozen upgrades I find it highly unlikely that the price tag per part will be roughly $3.75 ($3.33 forthe 315???) when the game comes out. So is it really worth purhcasing upgraded versions of the ship? I understand that we are donating money to have a game made that we want but seeing as we are technically making a purchase i would like to make it count. Going with the chaper ship versions really can add up to an extra ship or two in savings (or just an extra ship or two if you're collecting them). Let me know if this makes sense to you guys or if I'm just imagining this.
Siycle
Hell's Angels

Re: Ship Upgrades

Postby Tealstone » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:04 pm

Well, you can take a base 300i and add different components to make it a 315, 325 or a 350; however, if you ever loose that ship, you'll have to pay for those components again whereas with the LTI, you'll get everything in that base package.

So, for those who have LTI, it's probably a worthwhile investment.

Not sure about without LTI.
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Siycle » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:59 pm

Ok so if i lose a ship that i upgraded myselfi have to replace the parts as well?? (they are not insured with the ship???) and if I lose the pre-built ship then I get the ship back with the parts, correct?
Siycle
Hell's Angels

Postby Wave » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Siycle » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:39 pm

My though was simply that if these parts are not rare in any way then this is an unessessary waste of money. if i can find these parts/buy them for credits on my own there is no real reason to pay extra 10/15 for them.
Siycle
Hell's Angels

Postby Wave » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:44 pm

It's a matter of "Do I wait and earn the credits in-game, or do I spend a spare $10.00 I have laying around to get it right now and save my In-game currency for things I can't buy with RL money."

It seems like a waste of currency for digital products, but you'd be surprised how effective it is on enthusiasts and people who don't like waiting and saving up and grinding for in-game currency.

Now, whether or not it's "worth it" depends entirely on how well these weapons work compared to the stock weapons. And until the game launches or we get a spread sheet with ship health points vs. Damage per hit, rounds per minute, and general weapon spread; it will be difficult to say for sure.
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Magnet » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:10 am

@Siycle

If you lose your 300i during combat and had it upgraded to an 325i in the game and without the LTI donation upgrade for example, you only get the stripped and basic 300i back. But as Chris Roberts and his team already stated you can buy an ingame insurance with ingame credits and so prevent the lost of all your upgrade as well. So I guess it is really all about comfort and how much time you which to invest into the game or money to get it more quickly :D
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Return to General Discussions