[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Ship to complement the Origin 325a

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Ship to complement the Origin 325a

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Ship to complement the Origin 325a

Postby Durron » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:01 pm

I currently have the Arbiter package with the Origin 325a as my beginning package. I want to buy another ship, but I can't decide on what to buy.

Suggestions?
Durron
COO

Re: Ship to complement the Origin 325a

Postby braindonut » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:12 pm

Maybe a Freelancer would augment your lineup pretty well. Of course, a Constellation is even better ;)

The 325a seems like it will be a solid combat ship. While I'm biased towards the Hornet, cause I think it's the mad max badass-mobile of space, I dunno that either the Hornet or Avenger would get you much bang for your buck, in terms of flexibility.

Are you looking for more combat flexibility, or overall flexibility? Or something else?
braindonut
COO Emeritus

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Durron » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:47 am

I'm not really sure to be honest. My plan is to upgrade the engines and scanner in my 325 so it will be able to do deep space exploring as well as combat. I would like a larger ship for cargo transport as well tho
Durron
COO

Postby Tealstone » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:25 am

I'd probably go with the Freelancer -- that appears to be a fairly well-rounded ship with plenty of cargo capacity, unless you wanted to drop the cash on a Constellation.
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Inquisition » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:45 am

I currently have a 325a and I plan on getting a Freelancer.
Inquisition
Graphics Department Director

Postby Durron » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:55 am

Hmmm alright, thanks for all the input. I think I'm gonna save up for a little bit then get a Constellation
Durron
COO

Postby Solar » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:15 pm

If you're looking for another dogfighter like the 325a, the hornet is supposed to outclass it at launch.
Solar
Hell's Angels

Postby jive » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:15 pm

I had the same dilemma the other day, but I finally decided on the Freelancer as my compliment. Looking at the roster, this seems to be the most common combination in our group, Freelancer + 325a.

I wanted an extended-range dogfighter for vanguard fleet operations. I chose the 325a instead of Hornet for that reason. The ability to travel longer distances and carry additional cargo seems like a massive bonus over the Hornet for offensive fleet ops. Defensive, or carrier based operations, the Hornet is king, of course.

Here's why I chose the Freelancer as a compliment:

Dogfighting is expensive! Even with LTI, we're still going to be paying for upgrade insurance, replacing, and fitting new upgrades and munitions to our dogfighters. It's unarguably the most expensive thing there is to do in the game, by nature. As the PU progresses, people will be getting richer and have more time to specialize and customize their ships, and it'll be key to spend a good portion of your funds on maximizing your combat potential, not just for PvP but also for PvE.

But what about the other fun parts of the game? I still want to explore, meet people, and see the sights...

So! Freelancer. With a generous cargo hold and high powered main thrusters, it's both well-equiped and able to serve as an economic vessel. Carrying out cargo delivery missions or helping out with fleet logistics is a great way to make some extra creds to blow on those sexy Magnetic Accelerators for your 325a's railgun. The Freelancer also has a relatively extreme long range, plenty of upgrade room, a powerful antimatter engine, and room for a friend! These make it perfect for kitting out for exploration and stealth, both for personal touring and fleet scouting. Stealth upgrades, active sensors, and some improved maneuvering thrusters - I plan to take this thing through some unexplored jump points!

Also, sometimes people forget that the Freelancer has the same offensive capabilities as the Hornet. Of course, it's not as maneuverable, but if the Hornet's still rocking the stock TR3 engine, you should be able to leave it right in the sights of the rear facing turret.
jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Durron » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:26 am

Durron
COO

Return to General Discussions