[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - How did you hear about SC?

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

How did you hear about SC?

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

How did you hear about SC?

Postby HEXTZ » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:45 pm

I was really bored one day, having nothing to play when suddenly I had the sudden urge to play freelancer. Now this has happened may times throughout the years. Freelancer is the one game that I've always found entertaining. So I went through the usual process to play freelancer. Made a mess in my house trying to find the old dusty disc, install it - which usually takes a few minutes, download the appropriate mods and updates, so and so forth.. eventually I'm set and start playing it. But unfortunately I always get through the whole game in a few hours.

Which leads me to how I found out about star citizen; I usually google freelancer 2 release date theories just for shits and giggles and look at pictures of "what could have been" with much sadness of course. After that, I google "games like freelancer 2013" and look at youtube videos of crappy space sims. While watching those videos however I kept noticing in the comments section the mention of "Chris Roberts" and his "new project". I goggled him and found out it was he who founded Digital Anvil and made Freelancer. Which lead me to his current site and eventually to my now obsession with this amazing project.

That was last October. I'm so happy I found out about this early on.

What about you? How'd you hear about it?
HEXTZ
Adam & Eves

Re: How did you hear about SC?

Postby Inquisition » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:11 am

Hey Hextz, and welcome.

I accidentally stumbled upon it on their Kickstarter page a few days after they set it up. Being a fan of Chris Roberts' earlier work, the decision to jump on board was a no brainer.
Inquisition
Graphics Department Director

Postby Magnet » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:05 am

I read about it in the local PC Games edition...and when I read about Chris I just wanted to get to know more about it.
Before that I always wanted to hear more about him and his works as he has inspired my gaming experiences so far.
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Tealstone » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:24 am

A Facebook group of local gamers I'm a part of posted a link to the website a few weeks back.

I'm currently playing EVE, so I stopped over and checked it out. I thought, "Hrmm, Chris Roberts. That name sounds familiar." So, I read more. And more.... and some more and when I finally realized he had made the Wing Commander series of games, I couldn't pledge fast enough.

Wing Commander was one of the first PC games I ever played back around 1990. I remember having to delete Windows off of my machine to have enough space on my 20 megabyte hard drive to install the game from 3.5" floppy disks. I remember spending hours testing my config.sys and autoexec.bat files to free up enough high memory to be able to load my sound and mouse drivers to play the game with both.

It was such a huge part of my youth that, over the course of two days, I decided to start a guild, built a website with forums, and start recruiting people who shared my enthusiasm for the game.
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Darhoth » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Kickstarter, which I have become way to addicted to checking out.
Darhoth
CFO Emeritus

Postby Romulus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:06 pm

I saw a post a few weeks before kickstarter on MMORPG.com. Followed the link and then got involved from that moment. Though I didn't back right away and did not visit during the kickstarter campaign. I did however back earlier enough to be an original backer. I would have done it on day one, if I had realized there would have been nifty treats for doing so. I was certain I'd be paying...and oh how I have....
Romulus

Postby Wave » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:46 pm

There's a video game reviewer on Blistered Thumbz and Youtube called "Angry Joe". He put out a video giving his support for this game and urged viewers to back it; and I was definitely interested in this Genre of games so I decided to look into it. I managed to get signed up right before the cut-off date for Original Backer status.

Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Return to General Discussions