[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Upgrading?

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Upgrading?

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Upgrading?

Postby Wave » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:54 am

So, given that the Org is going to have the 890 Jump for use in diplomatic settings, I'm thinking of swapping out my constellation Pheonix for a different ship; since I have the retaliator as a similar sized vessel, I was looking for a larger ship.

Since today was the worker sale for the anniversary, I grabbed the Reclaimer upgrade, figuring I can play with the constellation until the reclaimer is available, then apply the upgrade.

the only thing that worries me is that I'm not sure what I will lose and what I will get to keep with the upgrade.

the pheonix was an upgrade to my rear admiral package, and all that comes with that, but I'm worried I'll lose some things when the upgrade is applied. can anyone tell me what I get to keep and what I stand to lose by doing this?

the upgrade cost nothing, so if I decide not to do it, I won't lose any money; but once I do, there's no going back.
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Re: Upgrading?

Postby leopard » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:12 am

AFAIK, an 'upgrade' replaces the ship(s) and only the ship. I'd expect you'd lose the Connie and everything attached to it (including the P-72). I'd expect you'd get the ship you wanted added.

If there were physical items, I'd expect them to stay. The upgrade wording seems to say this is the case (this is why they made upgrades in the first place).
leopard
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:

Postby leopard » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:33 pm

also, when you upgrade, even if the upgrade was purchased with melted credits, if the package you're upgrading was giftable, then (at least for now), the result is giftable.
leopard
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Igax » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:35 pm

Upgrade replaces the ship, you should lose nothing in your physical package.
Igax
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Return to General Discussions