[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - Massive Sale Details PLEDGEAGEDDON 22/11/14

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Massive Sale Details PLEDGEAGEDDON 22/11/14

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Massive Sale Details PLEDGEAGEDDON 22/11/14

Postby EchoSeven » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:07 am

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... nt_3858285

CIG Ben Lesnick
wcloaf Posted: 7:53AM
Edited: 9:18AM by wcloaf
Hey! I can't detail the sale yet, but I can tell you that it will not be the same as last year's sale. This time, all the ships (with the exception of those released in limited numbers, like the Idris) will be available for the entire week. Instead of unlocking just one a day, we'll have posts highlighting several of the ships during the week, providing new info and art.

The Carrack won't be this Friday, but it is coming very very soon! Once it's a week out, we'll announce.

To further clarify: that's not ALL THE SHIPS EVER, it's all the ships we'll have in the sale. :)
Last edited by EchoSeven on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got Parts, Jarrod, Charr, Mac and [others]
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Re: Massive Sale Details

Postby EchoSeven » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:21 am

Just some advice, decide on what you want most, and aim to get that on the last day of the sale. Everything else, buy and melt every day getting one or two of everything else.
This will allow you to potentially unmelt something if it turns out differently / you suddenly love the direction something is heading.
Stay flexible. :)
Obviously, save the "unmelts" for close to crunch time, where you need to make up your mind. Do it so you still have what you want, but can hopefully have that unmelt option if you need it.
Keep in mind if you melt you will NOT be able to gift (though there are.. ways - let me know if you absolutely need to).
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Dakar2014 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:32 am

EchoSeven thanks for the advice I am new to this. Sorry in advance if my questions are stupid. So are you saying each day there will be a different sale? I don't have a lot of funds. I have an Aurora MR package but would like to upgrade to a freelancer package hopefully at a cheaper price then what they have now. So will this be possible during this sale? or is it for ships that have not been released yet?

Thanks again for the info Dakar
Dakar2014
Adam & Eves

Postby EchoSeven » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:02 pm

CIG have stated that all ships will be available for all seven days - as in, "all ships" included in the sale, not ALL SHIPS EVER MADE, lol..

This all works by establishing a "credit" on your account. Buy a ship on the sale (one that you are not sure about, say, but could end up being madly in love with!) for $150. Then melt it after 24 hours for a $150 credit. That actually "creates" a ship with a unique ID that customer service can technically unmelt. Then buy the NEXT one. Rinse and repeat for every ship you MIGHT be interested in (which generates these ID's on your ships). You now have a good "backup" plan if there is a major stats overhaul.
Finally, buy the ship you are happy to keep in your hangar.
If your Aurora MR includes the Alpha, don't melt it. Your kind of screwed then, as there is no "ugrade the MR to Freelancer" as the Freelancer is not in AC yet, so there is no CCU available.
Sales are never cheaper than they were before, however latest news from reverse the verse is that all ships will be available at the SAME PRICE as last year (no increases!!!).

Good news there!
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby jive » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:03 pm

Ben also mentioned the Idris will be available and hinted at a Javellin destroyer sale.

.... Cannot wait for this sale.

Some things were also confirmed on sale:

Super Hornet,
M50,
350r,
Cutlass Blue,
Freelancer MIS,
and the Caterpillar.
jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby EchoSeven » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:02 am

I'll be picking up two superhornets, may be considering dumping my Drake Herald. The latest pic just isn't inspiring me.

Looks like it will fall over.

https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 0023_o.jpg

Might dump it and pick up the 350R. Just not sure...
Last edited by EchoSeven on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby EchoSeven » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:11 pm

From original reddit thread for us (For those who don't lurk, lol!)

Carrack Details revealed:

* Is 110 meters long (about 50 meters longer than the Constellation)
* Has a little launch (docking bay) housing a small eva ship like on the reclaimer.
* Has a buggy.
* Price point between Redeemer and Reclaimer (about 325 - 350 USD)
* Has four decks
* More cargo room than Constellation
* Crew of 6
* Closer to Voyager than the Millenium Falcon

Differencences between Aquila and Carrack:
* Longer total range
* Carrack will have larger and "better" jumpdrive
* Will be able to mount more "capital size" equipment.
* Not as combat efficient, but will be able to take more punishment.
* Aquila more multi-purpose.

Link to the video with timecode here: [YouTube]http://youtu.be/6FVBqkBAFxk?t=6m13s[/YouTube] (They start talking about the ship in the interview again at 25 minutes (in the vid above).

Carrack description:
The Anvil Carrack has been the vanguard of every UEE exploration effort in recent years. Featuring reinforced fuel tanks for long-duration flight, a highly advanced jump drive array and a dedicated computer core room that allows it to put the maximum processing power into jump charting operations. Originally a military exclusive, the Carrack is now available for civilian use as a pathfinder spacecraft. Features on-board accommodations to allow for truly self-sufficient flight, including crew medical and repair facilities, and a mapping-oriented sensor suite capable of always charting a route home!

Some of the pictures released so far:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/medi ... coming.jpg
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/medi ... ngsoon.jpg
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Re: Massive Sale Details PLEDGEAGEDDON 22/11/14

Postby Calignos » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:03 pm

Javelin Destroyer up for sale.. wow. Not sure if I like this or not. Though, I will say it's about best case scenario since they come stripped of all parts. Won't have to worry about them roaming around destroying everything right away at least. Will be a pretty cool Organization ship for those that can get one. $2500 a pop definitely out of my personal range though.
Calignos
Intelligence Director

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby EchoSeven » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:09 pm

Massive Ship.

Massive Price.
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Calignos » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:23 pm

Price makes sense IMO. Considering the Idris-P was last sold at $1250, and that was prior to it's 100m increase. And the Javelin I believe has an additional 100m on the current Idris.
Calignos
Intelligence Director

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Next

Return to General Discussions