[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Missed Another One

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Missed Another One

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Missed Another One

Postby Lancer Vance » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:36 am

I may have missed the 890 Jump sale, which is a damn shame, but I won't be missing any others.

On a side note, I had a question for you all. Which of the following ships will you be getting in the future for when they are released?

1. Carrack (Exploration)
2. Herald (Info-Runner)
3. Hull C (Transport)
4. Orion (Mining)
5. Reclaimer (Salvage)

Me personally, I am currently saving up money for an Orion & Reclaimer. Mostly because I already have a Merchantman, so having a Hull C at the moment doesn't seem that important. The difference between the 2 is 3000fu, and 2x the amount of main engines, but at half the power. Again, I know nothing is final until they reveal it, but I am just curious as to what people are thinking of getting or are going to get.
~ LAZR
Lancer Vance
Panda Bears

Re: Missed Another One

Postby Calignos » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:49 am

Unfortunately you also missed the initial Reclaimer Concept Sale at the end of September. (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... -Reclaimer)

However, I am sure it will be up for sale again when it goes into the Hangar.

The other ships (Carrack, Herald, Hull C and Orion) have yet to be reveleaed and are rumored to be very close to being annoucned. Although supposedly (according to the Subscriber Den) the Hull C hadn't gone to concept artists yet as of 2-3 weeks ago.

Rumored sale order is:

1. Orion or Herald
2. Carrack
3. Orion or Herald (which ever wasn't first)
4. Hull C

But this is just rumor.

On the question of what I plan to get. I am hoping the Carrack offers something different than the Constellation Aquila, size, armament, abilities, etc. as I would like to get one of those in theory but as I own a Constellation I don't want something too similar. If the Carrack doesn't intrigue me, I'll likely be looking into the Orion.
Calignos
Intelligence Director

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Wave » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:18 am

in case you weren't around for all the excitement recently, a lot of us at Citadel pitched in to buy an 890 for the company to share. so at least you'll have one to hang on to without having to worry about the insurance premiums. ;)
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Lancer Vance » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Well hell..now I'm doubly sad. But yea, I saw that we now have an 890, awesome. If any others are pricey in the future, I will definitely pitch in some $$.
~ LAZR
Lancer Vance
Panda Bears

Postby jive » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:43 pm

Ben confirmed on Reverse the Verse today that the Orion will not be next, and the Carrack will be after the next. So the order has to be Herald, Carrack, Orion, Hull-C

=)

I plan on getting a Carrack if it's not too expensive. I've got about 250ish worth of store credit, should be enough if it's Constellation size. Ben said it's just SLIGHTLY larger than the Connie on RtV today.
jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby leopard » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:33 pm

If any of the ships are cheap enough (the Herald, perchance?) I plan on getting a few so that I can CCU to other ships (Retaliator variants?) later and retain LTI.

The Carrack and Orion are the obvious ones for me.
I don't know that I'll want a Hull-C, given the various other ships, (it is at best 33% more effective than the Banu MM as spec'd right now, and I can make up for that by flying my Caterpillar in formation :) )
leopard
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:

Postby jive » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:49 pm

Not a bad idea. The Herald, coming out next Friday, is $85. I think that's a little out of convenient range for LTI cross chassis-ing, but it's doable.
jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby leopard » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:59 pm

It is likely the cheapest we'll get, however...

I'd encourage the corp to get a few, if possible, just for the LTI ->CCU stuff. If the corp got some other fun ships in the future (e.g. some Retaliators), it sure would be nice to not have to worry about insuring them!
leopard
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Ragman33 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:49 am

I've got an LTI Retaliator that I'll be willing to lend for Corp ops when needed. I believe there's a few more of them in this corp too
Ragman33
Panda Bears

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Siycle » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Siycle
Hell's Angels

Next

Return to General Discussions