[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Opinions about .9

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Opinions about .9

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Opinions about .9

Postby jive » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:25 pm

I can't play it at all.

The control schemes are awful, the IFCS is idiotic, and the targeting is silly.

My HOTAS sensitivity is through the roof, the pilot blacks out doing pretty much ANY vector change, the maneuvering thrusters are way too strong, strafing arrests your forward momentum instead of splitting evenly... I really could go on for at least several more paragraphs - but for once, I'm so upset I'm actually going to make a short post.

This is a disaster, in my opinion.

I'll see you all for 13.1

Haven't lost faith in CIG, we're still in Pre-alpha. I just think this was a complete failure.

EDIT: I've been practicing flying and my best racing time in my 350r is 1:42 on Vanderwal now. Not bad, but still not super fast. World record is 1:02.17 currently. It's still really hard and the IFCS seems totally out of whack and it tends to oscillate the craft, but at least I'm having some fun!
Last edited by jive on Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Re: Opinions about .9

Postby Wave » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby EchoSeven » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:29 pm

I have only tried racing so far, absolutely love it, but getting in is painful.
A wonderful racing experience though. Still wondering whether it is worth going to the 350R. I think it has broader strategic value than the M50. What do you think Jive?
Got Parts, Jarrod, Charr, Mac and [others]
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby jive » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:05 pm

As far as the 350r vs M50 question, absolutely the 350r is going to be more versatile. You're absolutely right, Echo.

The M50 has two powerplants and larger weapons than the 350r, making it a much less stealthy ship than the 350r. It will also be slower fully upgraded, after having the engine size downgraded to TR2. M50 would still make a good info runner, but it can't function as a scout, precious cargo hauler (expanded cargo available for 350r eventually), or explorer (since it lacks a bed and has a very short range). The 350r is not armored, but it has more space than the M50 to take damage where a critical system is not, so it will be a quire a bit more durable in theory.
jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby EchoSeven » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:22 pm

Thanks Jive - Which confirms for me that after I play the hell out of the M50, I'll be switching to the 350R and applying the upgrade. :D

Afterall - Origin wouldn't charge us that much more for a SLOWER ship - would they?

How are you going with racing? After sucking so badly in dogfighting, this is letting me get my precious self esteem back (at your cost of course!) - until I am beaten of course. ;)
Got Parts, Jarrod, Charr, Mac and [others]
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby jive » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:48 pm

Keep in mind, the 350r and M50 are only on sale until the 22nd, iirc. They decided they didn't want them to be permanent additions to the pledge store. =)

Yeah, racing is fun. I am doing barely okay in racing (1.5min laps on 1-star course) with M+KB, but it's a huge mess when I'm using the HOTAS. I am really going to love racing in my 350r when the control issues are fixed in 13.1. Such a cool game mode, though. A game in its own right.
jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby LeoCT » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:40 am

I cannot get the game pass the loading window... :cry: any suggetions it took me 10hr just to update it i stoped it midway and came back to resume later
LeoCT
Adam & Eves

MISC Hull:

Postby zramn » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:14 am

zramn
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby LeoCT » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:32 pm

LeoCT
Adam & Eves

MISC Hull:

Postby zramn » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:33 pm

I noticed that too. Eject from your ship and you'll see there's no gravity... really strange that they did that.

(mobile)
zramn
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Next

Return to General Discussions