[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Opinions about .9

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Opinions about .9

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Re: Opinions about .9

Postby jive » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:43 pm

They said that the course takes place in the upper atmosphere of the planet, apparently in a planet with a relatively light atmosphere in general. All the ships have a TWR over 1, otherwise they wouldn't be able to land on planets anyway, so their maneuvering thrusters must be able to compensate for gravity.

But you're totally right, the EVA weightlessness is kinda bonkers though. Haha. It's really just a pretty piece of scenery though, let's not get too engrossed in physics details. =P

In other news, I've been practicing flying and my best racing time in my 350r is 1:42 on Vanderwal now. Not bad, but still not super fast. World record is 1:02.17. It's still really hard and the IFCS seems totally out of whack and it tends to oscillate the craft, but at least I'm having some fun!
jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Wave » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:12 am

I don't have any ships (for AC) except the trainer hornet, so I'm not bothering with racing right now. Although If they make the Archimedes an option when it comes out, I may try racing with that. It's supposed to be small and fast.

I just can't stop oggling the new Revel & York hangar. I think it's gorgeous and I love it. It goes perfect with the Phoenix (which I had a lot of head aches getting, Jive knows). Yeah, I've sunk more money into this project than I probably should, not just getting rear admiral status on my account but upgrading my rig and helping a friend build his own gaming PC with my money just so he can crew my Phoenix. I don't regret it at all. Even if I'm not constantly playing Arena Commander, I've got what I paid for; something pretty to look at and pride in knowing I helped make it so. I fucking love this game.

Also can't wait for the FPS module. I want my pew pew laser pistol so bad. I've even considered putting $50 into Shroud of the Avatar just to get the cross promotional crossbow for Star Citizen.

http://www.hark.com/clips/cjpknjztjm-i-do-love-it
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby jive » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:41 pm

Yeah, me too, Wave! I can't wait to try to capture a station with the Hell's Angels.

The three things I'm looking forward to most are, in order of importance: Capital Ship gameplay, boarding FPS, and stealth/sensor mechanics.

I don't think FPS will be ready for a long while, they said it would be 'revealed' at PAX Australia, but the DFM was 'revealed' at Gamescom and didn't come out for 7 months after that.

I don't think it'll be that extreme, but at least a few months. Ilfonic is a good group of devs, but I don't know if we can really expect quality in the near future.
jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Ragman33 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:13 pm

I've always had issues with my HOTAS sensitivity in this. I don't think it has anything to do with .9
Ragman33
Panda Bears

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Durron » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Durron
COO

Postby jive » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:19 pm

jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump: