[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - New Hangar's; Which Shall You Choose?

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

New Hangar's; Which Shall You Choose?

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

New Hangar's; Which Shall You Choose?

Postby Lancer Vance » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:16 am

So in the most recent (I saw it quite late) Gamescom Presentation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0grZDNdUYY

And skip to 18:45 to hear what is coming our way.

If you want to skip the video, here is the short version, 4 new hangar types, with future use to allow them to have shops and bars and the like to liven up your hangar. In order from the video:

1. Self-Land: Basic black and yellow striped (inside a factory area of a city), seems to fit fighters more so than cargo ships, but should fit them anyway. Has overhanging catwalks with ladders with a control area above and to the middle.
2. Aeroview Hangars: Sleek, blue, shiny, and some nice mag-lock hangar doors. A nice control room with a decent desk to enjoy a coffee whilst overlooking your ships. Looks good for medium ships, has sleek nice looking elevators.
3. Revel & York: The Luxury equivalent to the hangars, think rolls royce vehicles. White overall, wood finish and trim. Large and sleek looking. Plenty of stairs and beautiful elevators. Very glassy. Very white. Awesome control room.
4. AFG Industrial: Asteroid Hangars. Bulky, multi-platform areas for ships of many sizes, an old rusty looking hangar door. Sinister overall looking. Great looking control room with many buttons, screens, switches, etc. Outlawish.

I am curious which hangar's you all would steer toward. Me personally would go toward both the Revel & York (R&Y) luxury hangar and the AFG Industrial Asteroid Hangar. I would put my nicer looking ships in the R&Y, like the Phoenix, M50, Starfarer, Tracker, Avenger, and 350R. The AFG would take my Merchantman, Super Hornet, Ghost, Andromeda, and LN. What of you all? Like the looks? Lets get a conversation going!
~ LAZR
Lancer Vance
Panda Bears

Re: New Hangar's; Which Shall You Choose?

Postby jive » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:12 pm

This is actually of particular interest to us here at CSC because the choice of starting hangar has been said to impact where you can start your character in the PU.

I am not really a huge fan of the new Revel and York stylings. They're really nice, but not really my favorite aesthetic. I think I like the look of the Aeroview a lot better, but it might turn out to be a little too bright for me. It's a tough call. The Self-Land is actually kinda awesome, too. Gives me a feeling like I'm in the Yavin-4 Rebel base from A New Hope. The AFG I think is a little bit too beat-up for me. As much as I would love an asteroid hangar, I don't really want pieces and parts broken.

Here's another question/concern I had - let's say we pick a Revel and York, right? What if we want to expand that hangar in the PU, is it going to cost us more because it's the high class hangar, or do our backer rights for free hangar fees include expanding upon our original hangar?

I don't know, it's a very confusing issue, I think.
jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby zramn » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:27 pm

On the topic of expanding hangars, it should be a small cost if any, considering everyone has a firing range and a stunt track given they bought a buggy. (I expect the stunt track to go away, but that firing range was a promise) This is also justified by the building of these hangars, being modular and easily attached. (barring the asteroid hangar...) At any rate, don't expect large fees for your home planet hangar, as they will leave your special hangar with room to grow.

(mobile)
zramn
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby jive » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:57 pm

Yeah, I hope you're right. But CR did mention Revel and York hangars are found only on places like Terra and Sol. So I imagine the real estate is pretty expensive rather than the building materials and construction costs (explained by lore to be rather cheap).

A subscriber should ask for some clarification on 10ftC.
jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Igax » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:36 pm

Have they changed the hangars so they can all hold a Connie? Or do the still have same ship size restrictions?
Igax
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby jive » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:24 am

Igax, with the next Room System coming soon(TM), we'll have a choice in Hangar based on aesthetics. All hangars can fit even the largest ships (excluding the Idris, which was never intended to go in a hangar).
jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Igax » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:17 pm

I had not seen that before. Cool.
Igax
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Wave » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:59 am

Well, I was promised my first hangar free, so I'm probably going to go with Revel & york, just because I like the color scheme. I know a lot of people like the idea of "gritty space submarine", but keeping in mind that we are positioned as a Corporation in Universe, I think it would reflect well if have a more professional look.

Either Revel & York or Aeroview have a business air to them, but the self-landing can likely be attributed as "entry level", not so much where you take clients or prospective workers, but rather where the nitty gritty is handled.

As for the asteroid hangar, I think the Batcave feel would be right up the Panda Bear's alley.
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Return to General Discussions