[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Trouble Navigating the Forums

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Trouble Navigating the Forums

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Trouble Navigating the Forums

Postby DeeWang|Nova » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:40 pm

It may be because I'm used to a certain type of forum setup but I have trouble navigating these forums. It bothers me that posts that you click on start on the 1st page and last post doesn't tell you which post was the last post. You would have to click on the section and see if it was your post that they responded to. I don't know maybe it's just me? :(
DeeWang|Nova
Hell's Angels

Re: Trouble Navigating the Forums

Postby Wave » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:22 pm

I just check "view new posts" and see if any conversations I care about have been updated, or if there's any new threads. not sure what you mean about identifying the last post, because all I know is that the last post is the post at the bottom of the page on the last page.

Then again, I've been on these forums for a while, and I guess it's different if you're going back over old posts to see what you missed...
Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby jive » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:43 pm

My strategy is similar to Wave's. When viewing the Board Index, there's a button that says "Mark Forums Read" that comes under the Upcoming Ops page. This will turn every forum post into a 'read' post. Then you can swing by the forums and topics that have conversations going on in them will be marked in Yellow, everything else in Gray.

Combine this with Wave's tactic and the forums become a lot more manageable. It's best to do this after you've sifted through and decided which forum topics you're most interested in, though, of course. Or you can just post in them so they show up for us 'yellow lurkers'. =)
jive
CIO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby DeeWang|Nova » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Ah those tips do help a bit haha.
DeeWang|Nova
Hell's Angels

Return to General Discussions