[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - Who else is using CH Products Sticks/Equipment?

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Who else is using CH Products Sticks/Equipment?

Feel free to discuss anything related to the game here.

Re: Who else is using CH Products Sticks/Equipment?

Postby EchoSeven » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:33 am

Guys, I just released the 1.1 Version which is .9 Compatible.

If you have CH gear, please feel free to use it.

FEATURES

* Power Management that works with .9 (Credits go to Bloodhawk / Trevor W.)
* Strafe Controls via MiniStick
* Intuitive Layout

Some points of note: (PLEASE READ THIS - IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFROMATION)

DOWNLOAD HERE --> http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.ph ... k-profile/

Or Backup Download Location --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwMyrF ... sp=sharing

If it is not up, it is because a mod still needs to approve it - wait a few hours and try again.

* It is for the CH Products Fighterstick, Throttle and Pedals (All three, though still great without pedals).
* It uses Voice Attack (Version 1.5.6.10 (prerelase) to essentially prompt / remind / train you until you are used to the controls (gives you auditory feedback).
* The Voice attack profile covers all commands and has a 'keyboard lock' you can turn on and off so you can easily disengage it when your typing (just say "engage safety systems" to lock controls/disable feedback and "disengage safety system" to unlock.
* Voice attack relies on the voice 'Nicole'. If you don't have it, you will use Micro$oft Anna unless you can pick up a trial from Ivona, or go to deskshare to get the voice for $30 (which is way cheaper!).
* Has been updated for Arena Commander .9
* It uses CIG Keyboard Preset 3 (NOT the default, though most things will still work).

The CH mappings make sense to me, and feel natural, but you can jig them yourself to suit.

It includes a CMC file that maps the controls properly.

FULL INSTRUCTIONS

To use this, for those unfamiliar with it :

Loading into CH Manager

1. Load up CH Manager.
2. Open the file using the 'load' button and point it at the relevant .map file.
3. In CH Manager, click 'program settings'. Where it says command file, click on it, and load up 'Arena Commander.cmc'.
4. Click download (Important!!) so the controls are transferred to your peripherals.
5. Your done!

Voice Attack

1. Download Voice Attack with the 'Nicole' voice - Pay the $8, or not (Nah - just do it!).
2. Import Commands from the VA file.
3. Check the commands and make sure they make sense to you. Adjust if they do not.

You can always adjust the profile to use a different voice if you prefer. Brian is also excellent.
Got Parts, Jarrod, Charr, Mac and [others]
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Igax » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:10 am

Could not get full control like I want.... kept having issues like mad! I think I will just not be playing SC much until I can go direct mode and configure controls. Also this build is messing my my mouse like crazy. Hard to select things in the menus.
Igax
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby EchoSeven » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:59 am

Thanks Igax, that is actually really useful feedback.
Can you specify exactly all the issues you have had? I can look into them and fix it.
1. What sort of full control do you mean? What was not able to be controlled?
2. I know about the mouse bug, now I know what is causing it. Interesting! I'll see what I can do about it.
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Igax » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:19 am

The mouse issue is definitely the CH Products stuff. If I disable it through the control manager the mouse in SC works fine. I just seemed to not have some controls in game. Like the profile was not working 100%. Then as I was getting ready to log off for the night I could not shoot my guns (I was in free flight testing it) so I was not able to troubleshoot that much. I will likely just wait till CIG has mapping. That is how I used them in ED, direct mode and then configure them in game. Only issue I have that is remembering what was assigned to what! Where did you get the layout maps images for printing?? Those might be useful for my memory when mapping buttons in game!
Igax
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby EchoSeven » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:07 pm

I'm working on an improved profile - it may be Voice Attack related - have you turned it off and tested?
You want a program called CMPrint.exe
And don't worry, an improved version is coming that won't have that issue.
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby EchoSeven » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:09 pm

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... nt_3411397

"A Nicholson UK CIG
AndrewNicholson Posted: 12:30AM
Thanks for replies everyone.

We should have a fix for this now in the next patch."
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Igax » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:15 pm

Also, the throttle ministick seems to do nothing. I was under the impression it was firing lateral thrusters. Am I mistaken? Is this even possible yet? The toe brakes also did not seem to strafe. I am about to kick it off without VA running to see what happens now.
Igax
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Igax » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:30 pm

Ok the mouse issue was definitely a joys stick issue with AC. As far as conrols.... I am guessing lateral movement without going decoupled is possible yet? I thought they changed that in the last patch but guessing not.
Igax
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby EchoSeven » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Give it a week, I am hoping to work with a fellow citizen in sharing some innovative control ideas. The resulting product would be amazing if it works..
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Igax » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:45 am

Ok... Back to Starpoint Gemini 2 for now.
Igax
Hell's Angels

Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Previous

Return to General Discussions