[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Introduce Yourself!

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Introduce Yourself!

Just applied or newly accepted? Talk about it here!

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby Even1horizon » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Howdy from Texas! I just finished my application. My name is Even1horizon (yes, I like physics and astronomy). I am super excited about SC and what it can and should be. I have played many many games over the years, look on my app if you would like to see my flight sim experience. I have also spent a great deal of time with MMOs. I have played WoW since 2006, and done really cool PVE content in TBC, WoTLK, and Cata. I didn't do as much with MoP mainly because of other games I was playing at the time. Teamwork is imperative in games like these, and I cant wait to dig in with other enthusiasts.

Reguards
Wes (Even1horizon)
Even1horizon
Adam & Eves

Postby Umbersun » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:28 pm

Well, not new here but I've been away for a few months, now I'm back!

Tealstone and friends,

I've been away for a long time and now I'm trying to get back to the Star Citizen world. After some professional and personnal issues, I decided to take a break from gaming for a while, when I got back I found out that my current laptop doesn't run the Hangar Module, and I got "depressed" by that. The problem is not de processor or ram, is the graphics card that doesn't support something. Don't remeber if is the DX 11 or shader version.

Well, now I'm starting to feel more confortable with that fact and I'm getting back to SC slowly. I plan to build a decent desktop during 2014 so I can end the year with a great setup to run the game when released.

The best sign that I'm back is that in the last few days I visited the SC official website to look for news and even changed my ship. Yesterday I returned my Aurora and bought the 315P pack. But... it's temporary, during the next few months I pretend to return it too and buy my dream ship - The Freelancer!

Glad to be back here, I'll take some time to catch up with all news since my departure but, although I don't promise to be too active for now, I will keep in touch and will come back on a regular basis to read, learn and speak when needed.

Thank's and see you all around!
Umbersun
Adam & Eves

Postby Tealstone » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:43 am

Thanks for the heads up, Star!

Glad things are calming down to the point where you can get back into the swing of things -- hope to see you around more!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Umbersun » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:28 pm

Umbersun
Adam & Eves

Postby Duce » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:48 pm

Fresh meat for the grinder!

The name's Duce, and I'm new blood with the Hell's Angels. I, as i'm sure this is the same with everyone else, is looking very excited for Star Citizen to finally come out. It's been too long since there's been a decent space sim out there. Way too long. Looking forward to keeping the space lanes secure!
Duce
Hell's Angels

Postby VonHenry » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:21 am

Hello folks, VonHenry here. Can't wait to meet everyone and have a blast playing this game. Looking to do a little exploring and/or hauling/mining etc! And with folks like Deuce watching my back, I have to believe it'll be a blast! :D

I've been on this rotating rock 4+ decades (specifics are NOT important 8-) ), and am a family man first and foremost, but love my gaming still. PC gamer since I started writing them in basic at the age of 11 or so on my Commadore Vic 20! Did consoles since the Atari, but past decade has been pretty much just PC (other than family time on the Wii).

Best to you all...
--VonHenry
--Truth does not change according to one's ability to stomach it!
(315p)
VonHenry
Adam & Eves

Postby Tealstone » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:41 am

I'm in the same boat, Von!

Whereabouts in the world are you from?

For the most part, it looks like we went do the same paths... I'm primarily a web application and database developer. I also enjoy playing music -- did a lot of marching percussion in my time: college marching band, drum & bugle corps, Philadelphia Eagles Drumline, etc. But these days I like to kick back and play some traditional Irish music on guitar with my friends at the pub on Sundays.

Tealstone
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Lancer Vance » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:56 pm

Hello everyone, I have been off the grid for 5-6 months. Life has just been real tough, even more so after I spent so damn much on this game..but I'm not here to b**ch as it were. I am here to say that I finally have a stable job and decent internet connection, hopefully I won't have to move now. I am back, and if I have to re-register then so be it. I should have given you all a heads up before heading out but I wasn't expecting it to be as bad as it was. Happy to be back regardless.

Also, Tealstone, nice video. I always enjoy music such as that, so calming and it sounds beautiful.
~ LAZR
Lancer Vance
Panda Bears

Postby Tealstone » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:17 pm

Welcome back!

Glad things have stabilized for you -- we definitely hope to see you around a bit more often. Hopefully once the Dogfighting Module is released, things will be a bit more hopping in general around here!

Tealstone
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Exi » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:56 am

I made it!
I'm back for duty. In short: I'll be moving to Switerland in two weeks - hopefully the internet there is decent ;)
And: I'm done with all exams :lol: :o
So, I hope to join you on TS/chat soon. DFM is about to start in about a month. Until then I wld love to know u guys better.
Cheers!
Exi
Exi
Adam & Eves

Orion Mining Platform:

PreviousNext

Return to New/Prospective Member Hangout