[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - The Citadel Space Corporation and You!

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

The Citadel Space Corporation and You!

Just applied or newly accepted? Talk about it here!

Re: The Citadel Space Corporation and You!

Postby Firesteel » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:51 pm

My being here was like many of us, the main recruiting thread on the Star Citizen. Nubanator was very quick to respond to my posting, and thanks to him, I'm here now. We chatted a little on Steam and he put in a good word for me with Tealstone.

Star Citizen was first brought to my attention through a friend who knew that I had played FreeSpace 1 and 2 for years. Since then I'd skulk the forums and rest of the RSI site looking for info about the game and occasionally post. After the newer announcements I realized I that joining a guild would most likely make the game experience a fair bit better. And here I am.

My experience so far has been excellent. I've had some interesting conversations and felt like I've been able to help the guild grow even in my short time here. Thanks to everyone here for being who you are!
Firesteel
Hell's Angels

My journey so far

Postby EchoSeven » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:31 pm

I remember being excited when I read about Star Citizen. I am a long time follower of the Wing Commander series. In fact, I still remember that time very well, playing Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe (for those of you as old as I am) and of course, then there was Wing Commander. I think it was eight disks. Loading it, I still remember putting all the disks in, configuring DOS to run it best, and then.. wow.

And at the time, I had the hots for Angel.

(I think we all did, right?) :lol:

The only thing better than one was Wing Commander Two. Hated Tolwyn. Of course, I bought the collector edition of III. Angel died. WC died for me a little with Angel. Don't mess with my lore characters. Not happy. And then IV. Much better - loved it. and the V. Didn't like it as much, it was only okay I thought, what they developed did not really sit as well in the WC world as far as I was concerned.

Loved it, though I was not a fan of the whole weapon variety, I preferred my lasers, mass drivers and neutron guns (There was something fascinating about the raptor's ping and thud of the mass driver.

I rediscovered Star Citizen only a week or two ago. It was by chance and can't quite remember how. Registered and was overwhelmed with the amount of materials. I took my time and slowly started disecting it and discovered an amazing gem. I knew I would love it right from the start. It was everything I had hoped for...

Before SC, I was in the star wars combine. I joined a medical faction, because I loved the idea of helping others. I helped the group write a fairly complex charter, and headed up a research division as well as helping with recruitment. Eventually, I started a faction that was a pure information faction and set up diplomatic contact between all factions, and tried to create a place where all factions could gather and talk to each other. My wife and I also channelled new users into factions that suited them best and created a faction database where new users could identify and compare all factions at a glance. It started to take up a long of time however, and I barely had the time to play the game. The mechanics and politics behind the games development drove me nuts. Gradually, people left, numbers dropped and user feedback was ignored. The time required to work on it, was unsustainable and oh - we had kids. Goodbye combine.

Next online stint was STO. Loved it, great fun, but the moneygrubbing and lock boxes, along with subscription fees and needing to pay to hold more than a million bucks in your account was just insane. My faction was awesome, great fun and introduced me to teamspeak. Had a great time, but there came a point where it was all grinding and I was sick to death of answering lore questions for my daily dose of dilithium. Let's move on!

Where was I? Ah yes... I finally found SC, and posted a massive question in the Q&A question (Check it out if you like https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... s-answered). I liked the responses I got. First good sign. I liked the community. Second good sign. I liked the system of no subscription and some love. Third good sign. All I needed was a cool faction that needs me as much as I need them. I knew what I wanted. I signed up for the 'find me a faction' link, dismissed dozens of PM's until I got a PM from Nubanator. He recognised what I was asking for and actually bothered to read what I had written carefully, and had sent me at least a correct customised script (unlike the guy who said "I see you like FPS" er no...), or rarer still - a real PM! I really liked the idea that the group was going to be run by intelligent, mature people and not some excited 16 year olds (which, honestly, after teaching for almost a decade, is just too much to take)..

So, I'm here, and then things got even better. Tealstone was approachable and helped me out with a tech support issue with uploading my avatar, and Nubanator introduced me to what Wave is doing and linked me up properly. It's been fantastic so far, can't wait to work with everyone and get to know you all.

My hobbies, apart from my professional interests are photography, astrophotography and strategy.
Got Parts, Jarrod, Charr, Mac and [others]
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Re: My journey so far

Postby Strider » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:56 pm

Strider
Hell's Angels

Postby EchoSeven » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:55 am

Strider, I can tell that we are going to have some fun. Man, those mounts ARE heavy. I bought a whole bunch of gear, including a HEQ Pro, and had a lovely scope. Unfortunately, as I learned, AP is an EXPENSIVE hobby. Then my wife and I decided to go to Germany, and I ended up selling most of my gear.

I still have some treasured equipment though, including a fantastic Orion binoculars where I can see the moons of Jupiter.

I love AP though, will look to get into it again sometime.

I am a street photographer now, as I ended up loving that even more that photography.

Here's one of my pics.

As for SWOTL - wasted most of my childhood on it. Read the manual about 30 times and I know everything about each of the planes in the game. Lol. Good times.
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Tealstone » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:22 am

Glad to see there are some other Photogs here as well... I've always wanted to get into astrophotography, but I never took the plunge and dropped the money on the scope and equatorial mount. I do, however, do a bit of portraiture and HDR landscape.

Here's some of my work:

Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Strider » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:26 pm

Strider
Hell's Angels

Postby EchoSeven » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:39 pm

I don't want to hijack the threads intent - After talking with Tealstone, I've created a thread where we can share just pictures. Can't wait!

Posted some feedback there too. :)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=543
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby N7ShadowInfiltrator » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:11 am

Really looking forward to this game. I'm hoping we can incorporate a sort of special warfare unit into the corporation. In which case I would be a member of that. Basically, we would upgrade some Hornets to Ghost status, and maybe have a mothership transport us so that we can remove the jump drive and upgrade the weapons and stealth. Who knows what all we can employ. Might also need 350r or Avengers. I already have an M50.

If at all possible I would like to get one of those Sigs with Shadow as the name and N7 Infiltrators as the unit/title.
Each of you needs to be willing to die. Anything less...and you're already dead.
N7ShadowInfiltrator
Hell's Angels

Postby Wave » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Wave
Director of Diplomacy and Relations

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby N7ShadowInfiltrator » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:08 pm

Each of you needs to be willing to die. Anything less...and you're already dead.
N7ShadowInfiltrator
Hell's Angels

PreviousNext

Return to New/Prospective Member Hangout