[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - The Citadel Space Corporation and You!

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

The Citadel Space Corporation and You!

Just applied or newly accepted? Talk about it here!

The Citadel Space Corporation and You!

Postby Nubanator » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:39 pm

To give some of our new and prospective pilots an idea of what to expect from CSC how bout we collect our thoughts on the things we are most proud of. Perhaps something that wasn't available to you before you joined. Things to consider: fellow members, information, organization, guild size/style, drive, structure, ambitions, anything you feel strongly about and would like to share.
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Re: The Citadel Space Corporation and You!

Postby Umbersun » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:12 pm

Well, looks like I will give the first shot!

I've been following the "existence" of SC since the very beginning (I'm a Golden Ticket Holder) but somehow I got away from it since then until a few weeks ago. I went after info about SC and found much, much more than I knew it already existed. That amount of news and potential, the number of motivated followers and the perspective of having such enourmous game hit on the genre in front of me, made me a very excited and motivated fan of SC too. Since that date I've been updating myself everyday with info about the game and the people around it.

The next logical step was to look for a Corp to join. I took a very quick look on what was available, asked for opinions on the SC official website chat and got many answers saying that the Blue Horizon Corporation is a great Corp and should fit my profile in a perfect way. So, I ran to their website and without further delay I joinned an TeamSpeak session showing my interested on the Corp because that was all I wanted. The Recruiter that talked to me started the conversation asking me if I was certain about joinning BH and if I already knew other Corps well enough to prefer BH. I was honest with him and said: No, I made a quick search for Corps, took a look on a few and just chose yours because some guys told me you're nice and match my profile (I was looking for industrial/logistics oriented Corps). His answer was: So I ask you to go back, take a better look on the alternatives and come back if you still believe BH is the right one for you. So I did, I started looking deeper for information about the Corps that would fit my desires and came across Citadel Space Corporation.

I took a look on the website, got into the forum and saw that this Corp wasn't too big. That was the first advantage against BH, I didn't want a huge Corp were people are just numbers and nobody knows the next guy. I looked for what I could expect from the Corp and decided to give a try.

I was welcomed by Tealstone in a kind way, everybody here saw me as a human that came after other humans with the same desire: have fun, be friendly and cooperative and build something nice together. All of us at CSC are still new here but I already find this place like a place I know for a much longer time. I'm been in touch with some of the most active members, everybody have been sharing their ideas and asking for yours and I really feel you are welcome for real, your presence counts and everytime you want to share something or ask for help everybody is here to hear, respect and reply.

I do believe I'll be very happy here at CSC and probably will make some real friends. The opportunity to have my voice being taken into consideration by my brothers here, even from the CEO, is something you won't find in any other Corp, specially big ones that claim to be the future Lords of SC but don't really care about most of their members.

For you who are looking for a Corp to join I leave this honest advice, give us a try and be an active part of a family that is growing based in union, friendship, respect and democracy. Here we don't have bosses, gods or leaders, here we have friends and they all sit together in the same table. Believe me! ;)
Umbersun
Adam & Eves

Postby Nubanator » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:25 pm

.Starlog, I just have to say that was very good. Thank you very much for your post!
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Magnet » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:37 am

Well, to just add my experiences with the Citadel Space Corporation and why I actually joined:

Originally I posted in the "Looking For Guild (Squadron) Threat" as I didn't know where to start searching for a possible guild to join. I was then contacted by the Valinor Aerospace Ltd. and shortly after that by Tealstone with his Citadel Conglomerate! So I visited both boards and decided to join Tealstone as his very unique way of addressing a possible member and the fact that he was just starting to build something great were more appealling to me! So I told Kimahri T. Yu, to be honest and fair, that I decided to join Tealstone in his effort to build a new community and wrote my application.

I have no regrets about joining the Citadel Space Corporation! I think we have a nice mix of people and talents right now, we are not growing too fast nor too slow, we have great discussions, everyone is putting as much as possible into our community without being forced to compete with others or feeling inferior as others are more talented or dedicated! :!:

I really enjoy the atmosphere and can't wait until returning from work or coming home after spending time with family or friends, just to read the news on the board, chat with other members and try to give some input to discussions concerning where to take the corporation. I like how we handle newbies, how there are easily introduced to the group where they just start to participate without fear to post something stupid or to be excluded!

I cannot wait to fly with you guys (hopefully we also have some female members in the future as this would kinda round out the our guild) and I hope we'll have a lot of fun doing so ;)
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Tealstone » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:04 pm

For the past ten years I've been a member of guilds.

Sure, I've held leadership positions in various groups, but it hasn't really been since the mid-1990's when I was running my own MUD that I've felt passionately about something to change that paradigm; Star Citizen was my catalyst.

Like many others, my journey started on the LFG thread on the official forums and I even got as far as attempting to create an account on the forums for the Browncoats -- being an die-hard Firefly fan, I didn't really need to read much of their pitch to know that I'd like the environment. But, there were issues creating my account, and anything I tried to post in terms of asking questions just seemed to get lost in a sea of voice. Frustrated, I spent the next three days registering the domain, setting up the server and putting together an appealing website website, all the while thinking of how I most wanted to play the game.

I have my day job and my family, so the group would be flexible in terms of participation requirements, while still providing folks who wanted to be hard core. I hate guild drama and abhor power trips, so every pilot would be able to have their input matter. And, I spend the bulk of my waking hours working, so I wanted the overall atmosphere to reflect that we're a group of like-minded people who want to enjoy the game together in the same way.

I think I've been incredibly lucky with the pilots who have applied. Magnet, Inquisition and Darhoth were the first three members to join -- each one gave me incredible insight and advice, affecting what was initially my vision and making it theirs. As each new person has joined our ranks, their input and influence has further changed the vision for the better.

I'm hoping that continues and I'm glad to have the support and fellowship of such a great group of individuals.
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby zramn » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:11 pm

My experience in this group has been great. I have been in a lot of guilds before, Team Fortress 1 and 2, Planetside 2, World of Warcraft, even Thirst of Night... But in all of them I was just another number, when I joined people gave their empty "Hello NAME" and then go back to barking orders or sitting in the background.

This guild has been different. Every post is viewed by the members, questions in them answered, long paragraphs and layman's terms used, it has been great. If you are reading this and are looking for a group in which you are not just another point to plot on their diagrams, then this is your group. You will soon realize that this is more than just a Corporation, this is a Community, a friendly faction of face-to-name friends that truly care about their members. I joined this group, not because they were one of the first to send me an invite, but because Tealstone talked to me, not to a number joining his ranks.

If you want to ever talk to another member of this group to know more about it, you can make a post on the forums, or contact me anytime at my e-mail zramn2@gmail.com. I will respond (most likely) within 12 hours of your e-mail.
zramn
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby WarMongrel » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:38 pm

Why did I join? Coz ur awsum!!! Heh

Seriously, I heard about SC some time ago (i really can't remember how at all) and got really really excited by it. It just seems to tick all the boxes for me in terms of theme, content etc etc that I currently know about, and looking on forums etc showed a mature sensible group of people rather than young idiots typing in the style above.

So, after getting excited and pledging I thought that this game really needs to be enjoyed in a guild, it just wouldn't be the same as a lone ranger. So I wanted a mature sensible guild where I wasn't just a number. In the initial emails back and forth I got that impression and, more importantly, I realised that being a new guild which was still developing its policies etc was a good thing as I, and my ideas, would be welcomed and help shape the guild. Rather than ignored, lost or just not implemented as the would be in a poorly organised guild run by people with no passion for the guild and the teamwork.

So all in all, still being fairly new (everyone could turn out to be complete nutjobs in game :-) ), I think I picked the right choice, look forwards to playing with this guild and may quite possibly make some good friends.
WarMongrel
Lead Analyst

Postby Snookums » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:37 pm

Not to sound like an elitist jerk or anything but i have been doing the guild/clan/posse kinda thing since i went online before the millennium started and i have seen my share of good and bad setups over time. I think this Corp. will do just great in adding to an already great universe because the philosophy fits my own perfectly.

One thing that is always a constant is the drive to have a place where you can go to unwind from the daily stress instead of adding to it by raising the bar too high for members or just chewing them out since they don't fall in line with whatever rule a fanatic came up with. My guts tell me this will be a right place for me to go for either a good laugh when i feel like it, or a challenge when i'm bored...hence my application.

To be honest the first thing i did when started looking for a guild is go to several websites and looksee.. but i just decided to put myself on LFG status and see what happens.
After the SC webby upgraded it didn't take long to get some reactions.
Already screening with my fun-on-top profile i managed to get past the fanatics sort of speak and got some pretty good responds..that was until nubanator send me a message that really showed he carefully read my profile and that was actually when CSC got ahead of the rest.

So far i haven't been disappointed...and i doubt that will happen anytime soon.
Snookums
"How you like THEM apples !?! "
Snookums
Adam & Eves

MISC Hull:

Postby Strider » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:16 pm

I spend an evening reading through the guild threads in the RSI forums. Some of the pitches are very cool - professional looking graphics and emblems, slogans, org charts, very fancy websites, the whole bit. Eyecandy on top of eyecandy.

I went to websites, read charters, browsed message boards, etc. The thing that stuck out to me is many of these guilds have a set of rules a mile long, or pigeonhole you into a particular play style, or heap obligations on the members. After burning out on that kind of thing in my days of raiding in WoW, I decided that's not what I wanted. I don't want my game time to become my second job. I want to do things in-game because I want to do them, not because someone said I have to.

I came across the Citadel site that night too, and I thought, "This looks great!" but I didn't app at that point. I figured it's pretty early on, I'll re-visit this another time. A few weeks later, I decided to check things out again. Citadel was the one I came back to again, so this time I applied. I was pleasantly surprised by the welcome, and judging by what I've seen so far in the forums, I think this is a great choice.

It also doesn't hurt that I might get to man the guns on an Idris ;)
Strider
Hell's Angels

Postby Tealstone » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Glad you came onboard Strider... I think you'll like to other pilots and, yeah, the Idris is definitely going to be fun to crew!!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Next

Return to New/Prospective Member Hangout