[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - Nubanator's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Nubanator's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Nubanator's Application

Postby Nubanator » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:52 am

1. Hello all :D Call me Nubanator or "Nub" for short.

2. And before I looked over the website I was very torn between having to choose between the Adam @ Eves vs. the Hell's Angels. But realizing that it's more of an organizational tool, meaning one could "cross-fly" freely, my decision was easier. Thus my OCD mind would surely tend to the economic/inventory/management side of things. I can't wait to outfit my Starfarer into either an ore or fuel refinery let alone tote mass amounts of highly valuable (and maybe not soooo legal) commodities back for a monster payday! But to the Hell's Angels, if you need me on your wing you won't need to check six. Just sit back and enjoy the bloodbath!

3. I've had my share of the space/flight sims. Anyone remember Blue Max: Aces of the Great War? It came about the same year as the Wing Comander series 1990 I believe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsTPirO-gzU 23 years ago wow. I've played the WC series including Privateer and Freelance (amazing how far voice acting has come) "We may not own this place but we have an understanding with the people who do." And a wonderful little gem developed by Microprose and published by Atari called X-Com: Interceptor. Once you got into actual combat against 8 ships that game shined, plus I also enjoy the base building side too. :ugeek:

4. I Pledged for the Rear Admiral Level and have amassed a small fleet, and now my bank account and I are not on speaking terms. Aurora LX, M50, Hornet, Starfarer, and Constellation. I'm going to try and keep it at that but the game is still a year out and 6-7mil away from it's ultimate target.

5. I'm 30yrs old, if you prefer to be formal feel free to call me JJ. I was born in Texas but my family and I moved here to Southern California when I was very young. I'm a grad student at Cal State University San Marcos. I obtained my B.S. in mathematics a couple years ago and am about a year away from my M.S. in mathematics. Perfect timing right (provided my exit exams go well)? I have a little experience with LaTeX, Fortran, and MATLAB. Though I doubt it would be of any use here. I'm part of the Teaching Association at school so I get to actually teach the freshman math classes which I truly enjoy, teaching is my calling. I also tutor math at the J.C. next to CSUSM. Though I don't plan on teaching full time when I graduate I would still like to be an adjunct professor for as long as I can.

I was also a high school wrestling and football coach for nearly 8 years till a back injury/surgery put an end to that. So you can probably see that I really like to help people. Something that I think you Teal could understand. That was one of the reasons I wanted to apply to CSC instead of the other guilds that replied to me. Most were too immature, intense, or just way too big to feel like you could really make some kind of difference. I like the idea of starting from the ground up with talented people like Inquisition's art and Teal's personal touch management/organization style. I've played games like WoW, GW2, Borderlands 2 but it just got to the point that everybody only wanted to argue or screw others over. Half the time I just let everyone else take the loot just keep the game flowing. From the past Applications I feel that everyone here should be pretty chill and laid back (one of the biggest draws to this guild btw). Being able to see the Applications gave me a sense of the people and therefore the play style of this group. I couldn't find that at the other guild websites unless I joined that is. I don't have really any knowledge of running a guild or anything like that but I love to learn. It would be great to lead a mining party to the far side of a hostile planet, or fly point straight into the enemy lines!

Sorry I tend to get long winded when I collect my thoughts, lastly to Teal I know you created this guild and don't need to create an application but if you had a little bio and/or mission statement for your guild (besides the recruitment page) I think it would go a super long way. Just from the snippets of content from your app replies I could tell I wanted to throw my support into this guild. And I think that if others could see that easily and in one place they would feel the same. I hope to see y'all in "The Verse"! 8-)
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Re: Nubanator's Application

Postby Tealstone » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:15 am

Heya, Nub!

Thanks for the advice -- I think having some information about myself up here is actually a great idea. See, this is why I like having an open-input concept. :) I'll make a note to work on that this morning!

Thanks also for your email... we are small, but growing every day. So, fear not! By the time the game is fully released, people will witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station! MWAHAHAHAH! MWAHHH... Mwah. Ahem, yes.

Welcome to the Adam & Eves, Nub! I've added you to the roster; you now have access to the members only forums. Please take a moment to hit the Locker Room and read the new pilot post there to get the digest version of what you need to know, then take your time to get caught up and meet the other pilots!

Tealstone
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Snookums » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:28 pm

Ahoy :)
not to bump or anything, but i liked this post a lot Nub.

After all you dragged me in here and i feel the same about this guild, sound serious enough to get engaged but without any pressure to do something you might regret later on.
Snookums
"How you like THEM apples !?! "
Snookums
Adam & Eves

MISC Hull:

Postby Nubanator » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Many thanks Snookums! I kinda knew I wanted to join as soon as I saw the dual guild structure, but it wasn't until reading previous applications that made my mind for me. So I wanted to make sure that whoever read mine would know exactly where I was coming from. And it's because I like our members and guild stance soo much that drives me to fill our ranks. I'm glad you're with us Snookums!
Nubanator
CFO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Return to Apply Here