[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Sludge's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Sludge's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Sludge's Application

Postby Sludge » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:09 pm

Sludge

Re: Mr Y Application

Postby Tealstone » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:15 pm

Greetings, Mr. Y/Sludge!

In order to make it easier for us to remember and recall everyone, we ask that folks make their name on the forums the same name they'll be using in game. Would it be alright if I switched you name over to Sludge?

Also, we'd love to know a bit more about you... where abouts you hail from, what you enjoy outside of gaming. Even though we are a guild of gamers, we still strive to get to know each other to make the experience one we enjoy with friends.

Regards,
Tealstone
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Re: Mr Y Application

Postby Sludge » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:16 pm

Yes of course, by all means, change my name to Sludge.

More about me... If it is my country of origin you are referring to, I come from the Canada, and I despise its present government. I read a lot of science magazines, which makes me rather pessimistic as to humanity's near future, which doesn't affect my mood much. Our species will get what it deserves.

I enjoy lots of things. I enjoy everything I can. I love life and try to live it fully, and that includes all kind of activities, including the ones not generally regarded as healthy. These days I enjoy some things more than others.

Like biking, boxing, programming, biking, diving, learning, biking and lots more. I've stopped drinking alcohol completely because it started giving me heart palpitations.

I do not game so much. Last video game I played was planet side 2, but got tired of the mindless shooting. I'm looking for something more in a video game and I believe Star Citizen will bring me the same kind of excitement I felt when I played Space Quest as a 9 year old or HalfLife as a 19 year old or Mass Effect as a 29 year old ... Hopefully I'll be flying my Freelancer before I turn 39.
Sludge

Re: Sludge's Application

Postby Tealstone » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:12 am

Very nice!

Thanks for taking the time to do that -- it really helps with the application process as we do want to make sure that your a fit for the corporation and that Citadel is a fit for you. :) Out of curiosity, what type of programming do you enjoy? That's my current profession and there are a few others (students as well) who are interested in the field as well.

In any case, we're glad to have family come on board! I'd like to formally welcome you to the Adam & Eve's division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums.

Please make your first stop the new pilot post in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance. After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

Welcome, Sludge!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Sludge » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:16 pm

I work in web application development using a Java based web framework. I touch everything pertaining to applications development and management, from coding both the front and back end to administrating the networks and databases.

I am not very excited by this work.

I am much more interested in graphics programming, but alas could not yet find work in the domain (other than 2 internships)

I am presently learning OpenGL, and my long term goal is to devise a procedural generator of objects and surfaces.
Sludge

Postby Tealstone » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Durron » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Durron
COO