[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - CassiniSam Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

CassiniSam Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

CassiniSam Application

Postby CassiniSam » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:03 pm

1. Hi guys, I'm CassiniSam

2. The Adam & Eve's is definitely more appealing to me. I love the idea of working as part of a group, rather than an individual, through hard graft or otherwise, to produce the funds and equipment required to support the corporation. That being said, I wouldn't say no to a chance to see "a piece of the action", I'd be willing to jump in and help out wherever.

3. I've put quite a lot of time into the FS2004 and FSX, also dabbled in Orbiter flight sim. I've played some space stratagy games, but never really tried any of Chris Robert's previous titles, nor EVE online or anything similar.

4. I am a veteran backer with the Pathfinder LTI package, with the Origin 315p Explorer. I hope that this ship will be quite versitile and should find a role in the A&E's. I'm trying to leave my options open regarding purchasing more ships in the future, I'll have to see what the future holds (money's tight, ya know? :lol: )

5. Hi, I'm Sam, and I'm 19 and three bits. I live in the harsh wilderness that is Wales, U.K, and I am currently a student of Engineering at University (this explains the money situation :cry: ), formerly focusing on Motorsport but now moving towards Mechanical and Manufacturing. Other interests may include but are not limited to: cycling, sailing, archery, bashing the drums and screeching the cello, and playing the occasional video game, of course. Jokes aside, I have never been interested enough in a game to feel the need to join a clan or guild, but this game has the feeling that it should be taken seriously, that's why I felt like joining a group. Citadel caught my eye initially because of the great presentation (loved the promo vid and posters). I like the fact that right now this is a smaller community and it has the potential to grow, I want to be a part of it! I'm not sure what my commitments will be in 1-2 years time (who really does?) but hopefully I'll have plenty of time to play what is shaping up to be a fantastic game!

Thanks for reading :)
CassiniSam
Adam & Eves

Re: CassiniSam Application

Postby Tealstone » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:20 pm

CassiniSam,

Thanks for applying! Firstly, no worries about having the opportunity to "jump in" to help out with the combat bit... Folks are welcome to cross-train and cross-fly, we're just looking to classify folks so we can target operation information a bit better.

So, I generally like to ask a couple of questions of new applicants, just to get to know them better and make sure we're a right fit on both sides, so here it goes:

1) We are definitely a small group at the moment, but looking to grow a bit more and you had mentioned you wanted to be a part of it. What type of contribution (if any) would you like to make towards that growth?

2) What kind of drums do you play? I've been playing off and on for about 25 years now. :)

Tealstone
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby CassiniSam » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. To answer your first question.... well, I can't really. I think the best approach to getting the right sort of people in is to carry on doing what you're doing already. I like that you're not being too pushy over on the RSI forums, having quality promo material and being friendly seems to be very effective! So, sorry Tealstone, no grand scheme I'm afraid, but I can definitely help to continue the good work you guys have started and will contribute as much as I can.

Regarding drumming, I've been playing for about 5 years. Jazz is too hard, Metal is too silly, so I've kinda found myself at a indy/rock-sorta preference. I try to mix it up as much as I can, sometimes it actually sounds ok!
CassiniSam
Adam & Eves

Postby Tealstone » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks a lot, CassiniSam... I appreciate your honesty and thoughts.

Regarding question number two, that's very cool. I was classically trained and played in a number of symphonies and orchestras before finding a home in the marching idiom and, ultimately, traditional Irish music. Diverse and crazy, I know, but I'm fairly eclectic when it comes to my musical tastes.

In any case, enough of the pleasantries!

CassiniSam, you are hereby accepted into the Adam & Eves division of Citadel Space. :) Check out the new pilot post at the top of the Locker Room board to get you going with the information you need to know and then, take your time catching up and getting to know the other pilots.

Welcome!

Tealstone
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby CassiniSam » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:15 pm

I hereby accept :lol: I just had a quick look through the new pilot post, lots of useful info for the newbies. I've added my lone ship to the roster too, she feels very small indeed.

I'm heading off for a few days, will say hi properly when I get back on the weekend.

Thanks again.
CassiniSam
Adam & Eves

Postby Tealstone » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Enjoy your weekend and catch you when you get back. :)
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Return to Apply Here