[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Rictus'(s?) Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Rictus'(s?) Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Rictus'(s?) Application

Postby Rictus » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:52 am

1. Rictus

2. Hell's Angels (Military/Fighter Pilot)

3. Space Sims: Wing Commander 1-5, Privateer 1 and 2, X-Wing Series, Tie Fighter Series, Freespace 1-2, Freelancer, X2 and X3 AP
Flight Sims: A-10 Tank Killer, Stealth, a WWI simulator I can't remember the name of, and some others.

4. F7M-C Super Hornet with Military Fuselage upgrade
Origin 350R Racer
Origin 315P Explorer
RSI Constellation
Probably will pick up the bombers as well.

5. I'm a 33 year old father with 3 boys and have been happily married for 10 years. My favorite games have always been flight/space simulators and I've played many of them. Wing Commander has always been one of my favorites. I saved up all of my allowance for months to be able to buy Wing Commander Privateer only to discover that my 386 was a little too slow. My uncle moved in with us soon after though with a 486 that played it great though. Other than space sims I like strategy games(real time and turn based) and FPS that tell a story, like Mass Effect. I've never been able to get into MMORPGs because of the time commitment.

I have a MS in Computer Science and work as a Web Systems Consultant. I've been programming professionally since I was about 14 when my Mom got sick of having me around the house during the summer and sent me to work with my Dad who was running a research lab for UB Networks, they no longer exist, they started paying me when I was 16 :ugeek: . I enjoy building my own computers and pretty much all technology. I also enjoy music particularly classical, though I stopped playing the piano and violin in 9th grade, I did marry a classically trained Violist though to make up for it :D.

I like hiking and camping in the mountains around my home in Utah USA. I enjoy reading particularly in the Science Fiction/Fantasy genres, my current favorite author is Brandon Sanderson. I am an active member of my religion() and spent 2 years in Italy as a missionary for my faith, please don't hold any of that against me. ;)

According to I've passed 200 words so I guess I don't need to ramble anymore. I look forward to flying with all of you.

Rictus
Rictus
Hell's Angels

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Re: Rictus'(s?) Application

Postby EchoSeven » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:10 am

You sound like a great guy, look forward to flying with you! :)
Got Parts, Jarrod, Charr, Mac and [others]
System Echo Seven
EchoSeven
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Re: Rictus'(s?) Application

Postby Tealstone » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:33 am

Greetings, Rictus!

Hey, another developer? The more the merrier. :) I've been doing web application development for about 15+ years myself -- primarily PHP and Oracle now, but I also still do quite a bit with MySQL and MSSQL for the back-ends. I'm looking forward to getting to know you on the forums!

I'd like to formally welcome you to the Hell's Angels division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums. This also overwrote your avatar, feel free to change it back to whatever you like.

Please make your first stop the in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance. After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

Welcome!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Return to Apply Here