[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Magnet's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Magnet's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Magnet's Application

Postby Magnet » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:42 pm

1. The name on my citizen card is Philipp "Magnet" Schulz - so "Magnet" my callsign would be sufficient.

2. Haven't really decided yet but I guess I am 30 % part of the Adam and Eves (Industrial/Mining) and 70 % part of the Hell's Angels (Military/Fighter Pilot). So if I would have to decide right now, I would want to become a fighter pilot.

3. Well, started with Wing Commander, Privateer, played different kinds of civilian flight simulator and lately played X3 Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude. So I am a little experienced and space combat and flight simulator.

4. My real name is Philipp Schulz, I am from Berlin, Germany, 34 years old and Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of a German company providing facility management services. Furthermore I enjoy body bulding, Jeet Kune Do, soaring and amateur piloting aswell as indoor rock climbing. I speak German, English and French aswell as a little bit Chinese (Mandarin) due to my studies in China.

My favorite pc games are Skyrim, X3 Albion Prelude, Mass Effect 1-3, Dragon Age 1-2, well and Star Citizen although it hasn't been released so far ;) What more is there to say? I am a team player, have a good sense of humor (if someone can say that about himself), spent a lot of time with friends and family but I am still addicted to pc games inspite of job, girlfriend, hobbies and so on. I have strong sense of fairness and honesty, mostly I am straightforward but also accept constructive criticism.

I hope to have a good time with my comrades-in-arms exploring space fighting side by side and watching their six. If you want to know more about me, I would be glad to answer your questions.

Have a nice day

Philipp
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Re: Magnet's Application

Postby Tealstone » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Magnet » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:18 am

Hi Tealstone,

well I don't have a problem with being a part of a new community on the verge of developing something special. Quite the contrary it may be a chance of putting in some influence and own aspects to the group.

But to answer your questions:

1. What are you looking to get out of the group, both in and out of game?

In the game I expect "The Citadel Conglomerate" to be some sort of support as space will be huge, dangerous and unpredictable. I guess playing
with teammates is not only exciting but also more interesting. You can share successes like conquering an Idris corvette and fly it together, you can protect each other,
help new teammates to get into the game and get advises by more experienced fellows. And I am no single player, yes I like to play the Squadran 42 part, but flying through space and only encountering npcs would be a vast of time...we already have that today with other space simulators. Being part of a community is the only way to fully experience SC.

Out of game it would be nice to have a chat, to commune, to laugh about certain situations, discuss new strategies or just have a talk off topic. I am also visiting Chris and his team when they will be in Germany (Cologne) on 24. August 2013 meeting with other fans and supporters of the game. Being part of a team doesn't separate you from interacting with each other both in and out of the game.

2. What level of participation in building up the Citadel Conglomerate are you interested in?

The second question isn't that easy to be answered. I am not good in recruiting people although I know to enthuse people if something impressed me. Don't misunderstand I would gladly ask other people to join our cause but that wouldn't be my main occupation. I also don't have huge abilites in programming or something like that. So it would depend what else would be left to be some sort of useful input. I think I am good at discussing strategies, being supportive, answering questions...It really depends on what you want the "The Citadel Conglomerate" to be and I will contribute to its success as good as I can.

And yes...Wing Commander was great, mostly part one and two aswell as the Secret Missions and addons. I also played all following parts but they were more movie than a pc game with less emotion. And I kept waiting for a new Wing Commander...well it somehow worked out quite fine, I guess.

Hope I could answer your question to your satisfaction.

See you

Magnet
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Tealstone » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:48 am

Magnet,

I think you answered #2 just fine. I certainly don't want to force people into roles they want to play and, sometimes, offering feedback and suggestions is very beneficial to the development of an organization.

Please feel free to ask questions you may have about what we're hoping to accomplish, if you have any.

With that, I'd like to offer you membership into the Hell's Angels wing of the Citadel Conglomerate.

Please let me know if you formally accept, and I'll add you to the roster!

Thanks,
Tealstone
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Magnet » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Tealstone,

I hereby accept your invitation and gladly be part of the Hell's Angels wing of the Citadel Conglomerate!

Some questions were already answered while reading Inquisition's Application but I am quite sure that there will be more
questions in the future ;)

How do we get started? With what can I help you concerning the development of the Citadel Conglomerate?
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Tealstone » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Welcome, Magnet!

I've added you to the Hell's Angels wing. :)

In addition, I've created a new topic in the members-only section called "Policy Development" with a couple of threads. I'd love your feedback on those two concepts and, by all means, feel free to introduce any other concepts you feel that are important to you.

PS, did you want me to change your forum name to Magnet?
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Magnet » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:19 pm

Thank you, Tealstone.

Sure! Would be easier for all if they address me with my callsign!

I have a look at your policy development and give you some comments!
Magnet
CCO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:

Postby Tealstone » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:21 pm

Switched!

You'll log on with "Magnet" now instead of your old username.
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Return to Apply Here