[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - Scrapshot's Application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Scrapshot's Application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Scrapshot's Application

Postby Scrapshot » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:40 am

1. In-game-name: Scrapshot

2. Hell's Angels for starters please

3. Previous experience in flight/space sims:
It all started back when I played Wing Commander on my Amiga 500. So I played WC 1, 3, 4, 5, Privateer 1 and 2, Freelancer (including lots of mods and online play), Conflict: Freespace, Freespace 2, X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter, X2, X3 Reunion and TC. I always wanted to play EVE but it somehow couldn't hook me up.

4. Veteran backing/pledge status and starting ships:

I'm an original and veteran backer, starting with a Freelancer and a 325a (probably upgrade that to a F7C).

5. 200 words:
I'm 34 years old and live in Germany. Sometimes I wish I was a flight instructor, but I'm only a teacher (which is an awesome job nevertheless!). In my past I have been playing PvE and PvP-MMOs in rather successful guilds (that was back when I still went to university and had so much time for gaming), so I know about the importance of teamwork and this is the main reason why I want to join a guild.

After some looking around I found Citadel Space, immediately thought of Mass Effect and then started to look at some of the applications here on the board. The impression I got is one of relaxed and mature gamers with experience and dedication and I like to think I could fit in here. Also, I would like some company to enjoy the upcoming dogfighting module and the general hype this game will still create. And then there seem to be quite a few european based players in your ranks and that certainly is a great plus for me!

Most of the time I play in company of 3 RL-friends but they usually don't like being part of a larger community - god knows why. So on Friday we have our "boys-day" where we usually play some co-op. I'm telling you this because I bet they will jump up on the Star Citizen bandwagon someday soon and there will be days where I will spend time and play with them, whether they decide to apply, too, or not. If you don't like this, let's have a talk about it :)

Other than that I look forward to being a part of a larger community again, as I like working in a team, executing maneuvers and having a plan on what to do and how to do it together a lot.

Hopefully you still have any questions and/or want to nerd up about whether the current mass driver cannons will suck like the ones the Scimitar came with or not. Oh and I will be out of town till Sunday evening but I'll try to log in from abroad.
Scrapshot
Hell's Angels

Re: Scrapshot's Application

Postby Tealstone » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:17 pm

Heya, Scrap!

Nice to meet you -- we're getting quite the German contingent, which is always nice. Out of curiosity, what do you teach? In addition to the many things my ADHD has gotten me in to the past, I also teach Computer Science (as well as music and a couple of other subjects), so it's always nice to have a fellow educator.

Based on your application, I think you'll be a perfect fit. While we'll be a 'community' we're limiting our size in an attempt to keep everyone in the guild at least familiar with one another, so I think we'll be a nice in-between for you coming from playing with the small group, coming into something a little more substantial. With regards to your friends, we do have a friends and family policy, so if they're sucked in once they see the game, have them apply, let us know they're your friends and we'll find them room. :)

I'd like to formally welcome you to the Hell's Angels division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums.

Please make your first stop the new pilot post in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance. After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

Welcome, Scrapshot!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Scrapshot » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Hey Tealstone,

what a warm welcome, awesome! :)

At the moment I'm teaching technics (you also could say craftsmanship I suppose) and have a degree for computer stuff (basics like what is a PC made of and all MS office applications) and arts. Actually I really am getting the impression that quite a few Star Citizen players are teachers or professors or scientists. Now all we need is for the germans to team up and shout "Fire ze lasers!" on open comm channels whenever we engage! :D

Right, I'll go and read up on the stuff I should know in here :)
Scrapshot
Hell's Angels

Postby eG.legacy. » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:05 pm

"Fire ze lasers!"

Hey there, Scrapshot.

I'm from Germany, too. So let me say "herzlich Willkommen" ;)

By the way: I had the same thoughts like you as I first read "Citadel Space". -Mass Effect. ..5 Minutes later I re-installed the game :D

greetings and again welcome,

legacy
eG.legacy.
Hell's Angels

Return to Apply Here