[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Citadel Space • View topic - Shyfty's application

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Shyfty's application

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Shyfty's application

Postby Shyfty » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:12 pm

1. In-game name:
Shyfty (also my callsign, pronounced "shifti", just like the word shift)

2. Whether you wish to be a part of the Adam and Eves (Industrial/Mining) or the Hell's Angels (Military/Fighter Pilot).
I see myself being part of both to be honest, at this time at least. I do like to do a little hauling or salvaging and exploring at times but wouldn't miss out on a fight either ;) But I'm shifted a little more on teh fighting side, do Hell's Angels it will be ;)

3. Any previous experience in flight/space sims.
Wing Commander (series)
Strike Commander
Privateer (loved that game)
Freelancer
Starlancer
Elite
EVE (off and on)

4. What your veteran backing/pledge status is and what ships you'll be starting with.
I just pledged a month or so back and chose Rear Admiral, so have a Constellation in my hangar as well as Alpha and Beta access.
But the more I read about the game the more excited I became and my wallet started to empty at a rapid rate :p Right now I have the following ships:
Constellation
Freelancer
Next Gen Aurora
Origin 325a fighter
F7C Hornet
Advanced Avenger
Cutlass
and a Retaliator

Depending on what kind of Hornet variants come out tomorrow I may melt down the F7C and go for a variant, not sure yet.

5. Please provide at least 200 words telling us about you. We are a group of mature, like-minded individuals who are interested in enjoying our time in game -- we're looking to make sure that your membership with be beneficial to both parties.
I am a 37 year old (38 in 2 days :p....damn I'm old :((( ) IT administrator living in the beautiful city of Munich in Germany. Just moved in with my gf 2 months ago and just finished my studies for IT Manager, which means more time to play games :D Pretty much been gaming ever since a freidn of mine showed me Everquest in 1999 and played a lot of MMO's over the years (6 of them hardcore raiding in EQ) and have been fascinated by space sims ever since Wing Commander and X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter back in the day. With SC bringing together MMO and Space sim I was instantly hooked and can't wait.
As for what I can bring into the guild I would say this: I am a open minded guy who likes to chat, have fun and lend a helping hand in order to enjoy the game to its fullest. When I play I like to stick to PvE but do like to encounter in PvP as well, thus the Citadel sounded like the right spot for me. I also like to be within a structured guild when playing as this adds a lot to my gaming experience and playing in a team of nice and like minded people is a lot of fun! Citadel seems like the right place for me from what I read, so here I am ;)
I also like dabbling in Photoshop now and then, working on wallpapers and signatures mostly, but strictly for fun, as I do not think I am all that good :p Same goes for writing...I love to do that when I have time but again, not sure if its any good :p

Ok, I'll stop babbling now and am looking forward to hearing from you :)
Shyfty
Hell's Angels

Re: Shyfty's application

Postby Tealstone » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Greetings, Shyfty!

Always glad to have yet another member from the EU join the ranks. :) Firstly, happy early birthday! My wife's is tomorrow (10/22), so I'm currently going through the mess of trying to figure out what to buy for her. Secondly, it's great to find another person with early MMO roots and a long history in gaming in general, so I think you'll definitely fit in well here.

I'd like to formally welcome you to the Hell's Angels division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums.

Please make your first stop the new pilot post in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance. After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

Welcome, Shyfty!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Re: Shyfty's application

Postby Shyfty » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:06 am

Greetings, Telstone and thank you :)

Glad to be part of the Citadel :) Will dive right into the forums and start to find my way around :)
Shyfty
Hell's Angels

Return to Apply Here