[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Citadel Space • View topic - Avalean Applicant

Main Site | Ops | Intel | Chat

Avalean Applicant

So, you want to be a part of Citadel Space? Click here and read the "How To Apply" thread.

Avalean Applicant

Postby Avalean » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:12 am

1. Name: Avalean

2. Whether you wish to be a part of the Adam and Eves (Industrial/Mining) or the Hell's Angels (Military/Fighter Pilot).

I plan to do about as much of everything in the game except perhaps voluntary PVP as possible. I think the added factor in the potential loss of all added equipment on a destroyed ship even with insurance will be a big deterrent to random wide spread PVP. I do still at times plan to try a little honorable style of Umm "privateering". But I am mainly a PVE person. Also sorry to say I am NOT a roleplayer when playing MMOs, did a lot of D&D and such but Rp in an MMO is simply not my style sorry.

3. Any previous experience in flight/space sims.
Too much probably, played all Wing Commander games, Privateer games, Freelancer game and mods for almost 10 plus years, X universe, dark orbit, mech warrior old and new online versions, just to name a few.

4. What your veteran backing/pledge status is and what ships you'll be starting with.
I have two accounts right now this one has a full Cutlass package and is a New backer status.
my second account which IF it works out and I stay here would be moved over as well, contains a Freelancer, Legionnaire Aurora, 325A, 315P, 350R, Cutlass, Retaliator Bomber and one or two more I think which I can not remember at present. All current accounts ships on both accounts also have LTI packages included with them.

5. Please provide at least 200 words telling us about you. We are a group of mature, like-minded individuals who are interested in enjoying our time in game -- we're looking to make sure that your membership with be beneficial to both parties.

Well I am positively over 18, was founder of the freelancer RRJDS guild which ran for close to 10 years, was cofounder of the GITS guild which still is listed for World of tanks and we also had a presence in the beta testing of SWTOR; RIFT; War hammer Online, Hawken, MWO, and Dragons prophet, just to name a few more recent ones.

I am retired Army living in Germany and why I was looking for EU based players since the current guild my main account is on right now promised international players and after joining and asking where they were all at, was told "Well we are mainly a East Coast USA guild but welcome aboard as our newest EU player", yaaa..

But I stayed and tried and still I go into the TS server months later to play with "My Guildies" to see no one is on or gaming until like 11PM my time and to get any classes or OPs I have to usually stay up until 1AM or so.

Mind you I do not mind walking in and helping form a EU base, no problem, but do not tell me tales right off the start simply to get me to join your group as another number in the list please.
Plus once I was in it became more and more clear that their "Chain of command" was more totalitarian in nature in many ways than I liked.
At one point they were even discussing about setting up "Work Schedules" for the members on when they needed to be online to insure full 24/7 game coverage of their assets.

So anyway that is why I am seeking a different guild and why my list of requirements for joining one is so specific at this time. I pay to play a game for stress reduction not amplification. if I wanted more stress in my off time I could discuss bill payments and work chores needed to be done here on the farm, rather than paying hard earned cash for that privilege. LOL.

Anyway please let me know what is decided even if it is a "NO" so I know I can then in good conscience move on and place a new request to a different guild if I am not desired here. I only place one app to any guild at one time, so as a base line that means at this time your guild was my first choice in this new round of searching.

PS I also have a Teamspeak 3 server with a 20 account user limits as possible bleed over and also have Mumble and Ventrillo clients loaded for back up uses as well.
The RRJDS guild had TS as our primary and Vent as secondary then SKYPE as a failsafe.

Many Thanks
Avalean

Hope that covers 200 words, Umm, 1...2..3.......
Avalean

Re: Avalean Applicant

Postby Tealstone » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:32 am

Great application. You'll find that many of us are here for the same reasons -- we're looking to enjoy our time and provide a social environment where people will be able to play casually and, if they like, structured... we're accounting for all types of players because, in the end, it's all about having fun. :)

I'll admit that our EU player numbers are still catching up to our US numbers. That being said, we do have at least two or three others from Germany, several from the UK as well as Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland, Finland and Italy. I'm sure there are others, but those are off the top of my head, so you WILL have others with whom to play and we'd love to have you join our ranks.

With regards to our command structure, we're committed to always taking the input of our members into our decisions. I think we have a great assemblage of mature, intelligent minds who honestly care about organizing and having fun than they do about grabbing power, and that's the way I like it: drama free.

Also, thanks for your email correspondence! I truly hope that you'll enjoy Citadel. I'd like to formally welcome you to the ADAM & EVES division of Citadel Space! I've added you to our roster which will give you access to our member's only forums.

Please make your first stop the new pilot post in the Locker Room to see everything that's need-to-know at a glance. After that, take your time to catch up on some posts and get to know the other pilots. :)

Welcome, Avalean!

EDIT: Moved you into Adam & Eves for trader/miner stuff. Again, you're free to fly any ops you like once we're all in game!
Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Postby Starow » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:32 pm

on a side note,(i don't know if intentional) he got adam and eve logo with hells angel division, just find it funny
Starow
Adam & Eves

ORIGIN 890 Jump:

Postby Tealstone » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:40 pm

Tealstone
CEO

ORIGIN 890 Jump:
Orion Mining Platform:
MISC Hull:

Return to Apply Here